Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1909

  • John Mail
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2005
      While there may be no maximum limit on bows, the marshals have to take into consideration whether the archer can shoot it safely, whether the archers arrows are able to stand the flex with that much power, and whether the targets or the range are able to operate safely with that much power.

      John Macandrew

      There is no maximum poundage as such in the SCA, but you should undserstand that we tend to shoot pretty short distances, and if you use a very heavy bow, you may not find it to your advantage. Heaviest bow I've seen in competition was 96 pounds.