Re: [SCA-Archery] Public Archery Ranges

  • George Mateja
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 8:26 PM
      You also might check with the archery club called the
      Baltimore Bowmen ( http://www.baltimorebowmen.com/ ).
      The club uses land that was initially owned by the
      city of Baltimore, which was later bought and managed
      by the state of MD. You might use the following
      address for a contact. ( longbowshooter@... ).

      Another tact may be to solicit the same information
      from another archery discussion group like the
      Leatherwall at Stickbow.com.

      In Service,

      Vaclav Matyj

      --- Katherine Killigrew <katherine_killigrew@...>

      katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • blooney@wi.rr.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 8:29 PM
        Milwaukee, County and adjoining Waukesha County have a number of public archery ranges

        Milwaukee -
        Kinnickinnic River Parkway, 7 bales
        Kletzsch, 5 bales
        Underwood Creek Parkway, 5 bales
        Warnimont, 4 bales
        Whitnall, 3 bales

        Waukesha -
        Menomonee Park - Raised platforms, 100+ yard marked range (clout shoots!)
        Minooka Park - Raised Platforms, bails

        check out their websites

        http://www.countyparks.com/

        http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/parks/General_info/archery/archery_default.asp

        I suggest you contact both counties parks directors

        YIS

        William of Mann
        Archery Captain
        Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
        Kingdom of Northshield

        > They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
        > Usery Park East of Mesa.
        >

        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
        > <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely,
        > Eugene
        > Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
        > establish a public archery range in one of the many open space
        > park
        > areas.
        > >
        > > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal
        > or
        > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
        > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
        > >
        > > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park
        > name,
        > location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and
        > if
        > available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be
        > eternally
        > grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
        > >
        > > In Service,
        > >
        > > Katherine Killigrew
        > > katherine_killigrew@m...<katherine_killigrew@m...>
        > > Baronial Archer
        > > Barony of Adiantum

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John Rossignol
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1 10:00 PM
          Here in the greater San Jose area of California, we have three public
          archery ranges which are on county park lands. As I understand it, they
          are administered by the Santa Clara County Park system, but are actually
          built and maintained by private archery clubs. The ranges are open free
          to the public, except on days when the club has a scheduled shoot or is
          performing maintenance.

          Santa Teresa County Park is within the city of San Jose.
          Stevens Creek County Park is within the city of Cupertino.
          Mount Madonna County Park is on unincorporated land.

          Here is the Santa Clara County Parks home page:
          http://www.clerkrecorder.org/site/0,4760,sid%253D12761,00.html

          Here is the Santa Clara County Parks page listing parks with archery
          ranges, which has contacts for their respective archery clubs:
          http://www.clerkrecorder.org/channel/0%2C4770%2Cchid%253D16288%2C00.html

          Here is an additional contact for the Black Mountain Bowmen, who
          maintain the range at Santa Teresa County Park:
          http://quicksitemaker.com/members/archery/

          In addition, the county to the north of us, San Mateo County, has at
          least one archery range which operates under the same sort of
          arrangement. It is in Huddart Park, which is part of the San Mateo
          County Parks system. I believe the park is partially within the
          boundaries of the city of Woodside, CA, and partially on unincorporated
          county land.
          http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/
          http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313305_12328471,00.html
          (Just ignore the anachronism in the first paragraph of the park history
          -- I have already explained it to them, and, who knows, maybe some day
          they will even get around to correcting it. ;-) )

          The local SCA barony in San Mateo County has regular time slots
          reserved for archery practice at the Huddart park range. I believe they
          reserve them through the archery club rather than County Parks, but I am
          not sure. http://www.thewestermark.org/archery.html

          Good luck with your proposal.

          John

          Katherine Killigrew wrote:

          >Greetings,
          >
          >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
          >
          >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
          >
          >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
          >
          >In Service,
          >
          >Katherine Killigrew
          >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
          >Baronial Archer
          >Barony of Adiantum

        • Katherine Killigrew
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2 2:48 AM
            To all who have thus far responded to my request: Thank you so much!

            Keep 'em coming! <wink>

            Katherine Killigrew
            The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

            I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

            If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

            In Service,

            Katherine Killigrew
            katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>>
            Baronial Archer