Re: [SCA-Archery] Public Archery Ranges

  • George Mateja
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      You also might check with the archery club called the
      Baltimore Bowmen ( http://www.baltimorebowmen.com/ ).
      The club uses land that was initially owned by the
      city of Baltimore, which was later bought and managed
      by the state of MD. You might use the following
      address for a contact. ( longbowshooter@... ).

      Another tact may be to solicit the same information
      from another archery discussion group like the
      Leatherwall at Stickbow.com.

      In Service,

      Vaclav Matyj

      --- Katherine Killigrew <katherine_killigrew@...>

      katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
      > Baronial Archer
      > Barony of Adiantum

      > removed]

      > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by
      > Medieval Mart
      > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
      > http://www.medievalmart.com/

      > leave this list]
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Johann Friedrich
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        Also the City of Phoenix has the public range at Papago Park that the
        Barony of Twin Moons uses, and El Oso park where the baronies of Sundragon
        and Atenveldt practice.

        Ken Bowley yahoo@...
        AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
      • blooney@wi.rr.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          Milwaukee, County and adjoining Waukesha County have a number of public archery ranges

          Milwaukee -
          Kinnickinnic River Parkway, 7 bales
          Kletzsch, 5 bales
          Underwood Creek Parkway, 5 bales
          Warnimont, 4 bales
          Whitnall, 3 bales

          Waukesha -
          Menomonee Park - Raised platforms, 100+ yard marked range (clout shoots!)
          Minooka Park - Raised Platforms, bails

          check out their websites

          http://www.countyparks.com/

          http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/parks/General_info/archery/archery_default.asp

          I suggest you contact both counties parks directors

          YIS

          William of Mann
          Archery Captain
          Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
          Kingdom of Northshield

          > They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
          > Usery Park East of Mesa.
          >

          > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
          > <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely,
          > Eugene
          > Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
          > establish a public archery range in one of the many open space
          > park
          > areas.
          > >
          > > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal
          > or
          > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
          > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
          > >
          > > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park
          > name,
          > location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and
          > if
          > available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be
          > eternally
          > grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
          > >
          > > In Service,
          > >
          > > Katherine Killigrew
          > > katherine_killigrew@m...<katherine_killigrew@m...>
          > > Baronial Archer
          > > Barony of Adiantum

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Rossignol
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            Here in the greater San Jose area of California, we have three public
            archery ranges which are on county park lands. As I understand it, they
            are administered by the Santa Clara County Park system, but are actually
            built and maintained by private archery clubs. The ranges are open free
            to the public, except on days when the club has a scheduled shoot or is
            performing maintenance.

            Santa Teresa County Park is within the city of San Jose.
            Stevens Creek County Park is within the city of Cupertino.
            Mount Madonna County Park is on unincorporated land.

            Here is the Santa Clara County Parks home page:
            http://www.clerkrecorder.org/site/0,4760,sid%253D12761,00.html

            Here is the Santa Clara County Parks page listing parks with archery
            ranges, which has contacts for their respective archery clubs:
            http://www.clerkrecorder.org/channel/0%2C4770%2Cchid%253D16288%2C00.html

            Here is an additional contact for the Black Mountain Bowmen, who
            maintain the range at Santa Teresa County Park:
            http://quicksitemaker.com/members/archery/

            In addition, the county to the north of us, San Mateo County, has at
            least one archery range which operates under the same sort of
            arrangement. It is in Huddart Park, which is part of the San Mateo
            County Parks system. I believe the park is partially within the
            boundaries of the city of Woodside, CA, and partially on unincorporated
            county land.
            http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/
            http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313305_12328471,00.html
            (Just ignore the anachronism in the first paragraph of the park history
            -- I have already explained it to them, and, who knows, maybe some day
            they will even get around to correcting it. ;-) )

            The local SCA barony in San Mateo County has regular time slots
            reserved for archery practice at the Huddart park range. I believe they
            reserve them through the archery club rather than County Parks, but I am
            not sure. http://www.thewestermark.org/archery.html

            Good luck with your proposal.

            John

            Katherine Killigrew wrote:

            >Greetings,
            >
            >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
            >
            >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
            >
            >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
            >
            >In Service,
            >
            >Katherine Killigrew
            >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
            >Baronial Archer
            >Barony of Adiantum

          • Katherine Killigrew
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
              To all who have thus far responded to my request: Thank you so much!

              Keep 'em coming! <wink>

              Katherine Killigrew
              The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

              I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

              If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

              In Service,

              Katherine Killigrew
              katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>>
              Baronial Archer