Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Equipment Failures

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 1 8:06 PM
      Your kidding. So you mean you had only shot a bow maybe 3 or 4 times in
      your life before entering a tournament. Or did you mean you only had shot
      the olympic recurve that many times. what I was talking about was people
      who have not shot at all. Around here we do not see brand new archers
      entering the NAA shoots. How would you have even hear about a tournament
      that quickly? That means you had to submit your entry before you even
      started shooting since the deadline for them is usually at least a week
      before the event. Very unusual.

      Nest

      > Not true! :-)
      >
      > We ALWAYS have archers entering their first FITA or Vegas styled
      > tournament who have only had their Olympic recurve for a few weeks.
      > I had my Olympic recurve for exactly "1" week when I entered my
      > first FITA tournament and had shot my bow a grand total of 3 times.
      > While there is a big difference between how good I shot then versus
      > today, I still see new archers entering their first tournament much
      > greener than I was back then.
      >
      > Michael

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Carolus von Eulenhorst
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 4 7:35 PM
        Your guess is right for a modern fiberglass bow but wrong for a wood
        bow. The fracture follows the grain, which is seldom as straight as we
        like thus causing the sharp pieces to fly sideways. I've watched both
        break and far prefer the modern failure.
        Carolus