Re: Public Archery Ranges

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      Contact Maricopa County Parks and Rec

      They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
      Usery Park East of Mesa.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
      <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene
      Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
      establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park
      areas.

      > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or
      county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
      ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

      > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name,
      location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if
      available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally
      grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

      > In Service,
      >
      > Katherine Killigrew
      > katherine_killigrew@m...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@m...>
      > Baronial Archer
      > Barony of Adiantum

    • George Mateja
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        You also might check with the archery club called the
        Baltimore Bowmen ( http://www.baltimorebowmen.com/ ).
        The club uses land that was initially owned by the
        city of Baltimore, which was later bought and managed
        by the state of MD. You might use the following
        address for a contact. ( longbowshooter@... ).

        Another tact may be to solicit the same information
        from another archery discussion group like the
        Leatherwall at Stickbow.com.

        In Service,

        Vaclav Matyj

        katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
        > Baronial Archer
        > Barony of Adiantum

        > removed]

        > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by
        > Medieval Mart
        > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.medievalmart.com/

        > leave this list]
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Johann Friedrich
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          Also the City of Phoenix has the public range at Papago Park that the
          Barony of Twin Moons uses, and El Oso park where the baronies of Sundragon
          and Atenveldt practice.

          Ken Bowley yahoo@...
          AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
        • blooney@wi.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            Milwaukee, County and adjoining Waukesha County have a number of public archery ranges

            Milwaukee -
            Kinnickinnic River Parkway, 7 bales
            Kletzsch, 5 bales
            Underwood Creek Parkway, 5 bales
            Warnimont, 4 bales
            Whitnall, 3 bales

            Waukesha -
            Menomonee Park - Raised platforms, 100+ yard marked range (clout shoots!)
            Minooka Park - Raised Platforms, bails

            check out their websites

            http://www.countyparks.com/

            http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/parks/General_info/archery/archery_default.asp

            I suggest you contact both counties parks directors

            YIS

            William of Mann
            Archery Captain
            Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
            Kingdom of Northshield

            > They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
            > Usery Park East of Mesa.
            >

            > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
            > <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely,
            > Eugene
            > Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
            > establish a public archery range in one of the many open space
            > park
            > areas.
            > >
            > > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal
            > or
            > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
            > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
            > >
            > > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park
            > name,
            > location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and
            > if
            > available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be
            > eternally
            > grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
            > >
            > > In Service,
            > >
            > > Katherine Killigrew
            > > katherine_killigrew@m...<katherine_killigrew@m...>
            > > Baronial Archer
            > > Barony of Adiantum

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John Rossignol
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              Here in the greater San Jose area of California, we have three public
              archery ranges which are on county park lands. As I understand it, they
              are administered by the Santa Clara County Park system, but are actually
              built and maintained by private archery clubs. The ranges are open free
              to the public, except on days when the club has a scheduled shoot or is
              performing maintenance.

              Santa Teresa County Park is within the city of San Jose.
              Stevens Creek County Park is within the city of Cupertino.
              Mount Madonna County Park is on unincorporated land.

              Here is the Santa Clara County Parks home page:
              http://www.clerkrecorder.org/site/0,4760,sid%253D12761,00.html

              Here is the Santa Clara County Parks page listing parks with archery
              ranges, which has contacts for their respective archery clubs:
              http://www.clerkrecorder.org/channel/0%2C4770%2Cchid%253D16288%2C00.html

              Here is an additional contact for the Black Mountain Bowmen, who
              maintain the range at Santa Teresa County Park:
              http://quicksitemaker.com/members/archery/

              In addition, the county to the north of us, San Mateo County, has at
              least one archery range which operates under the same sort of
              arrangement. It is in Huddart Park, which is part of the San Mateo
              County Parks system. I believe the park is partially within the
              boundaries of the city of Woodside, CA, and partially on unincorporated
              county land.
              http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/
              http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313305_12328471,00.html
              (Just ignore the anachronism in the first paragraph of the park history
              -- I have already explained it to them, and, who knows, maybe some day
              they will even get around to correcting it. ;-) )

              The local SCA barony in San Mateo County has regular time slots
              reserved for archery practice at the Huddart park range. I believe they
              reserve them through the archery club rather than County Parks, but I am
              not sure. http://www.thewestermark.org/archery.html

              Good luck with your proposal.

              John

              Katherine Killigrew wrote:

              >Greetings,
              >
              >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
              >
              >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
              >
              >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
              >
              >In Service,
              >
              >Katherine Killigrew
              >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
              >Baronial Archer
              >Barony of Adiantum

            • Katherine Killigrew
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                To all who have thus far responded to my request: Thank you so much!

                Keep 'em coming! <wink>

                Katherine Killigrew
                The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

                I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

                If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

                In Service,

                Katherine Killigrew
                katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>>
                Baronial Archer