Re: Public Archery Ranges

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or
      > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
      > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

      Have your local people check with the Ben Avery range that exists
      just north of Phoenix, Arizona. They have been the model for many
      other archery/rifle ranges throughout the country.

      Michael
    • i_griffen
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        Contact Maricopa County Parks and Rec

        They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
        Usery Park East of Mesa.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
        <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene
        Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
        establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park
        areas.

        > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or
        county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
        ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

        > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name,
        location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if
        available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally
        grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

        > In Service,
        >
        > Katherine Killigrew
        > katherine_killigrew@m...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@m...>
        > Baronial Archer
        > Barony of Adiantum

      • George Mateja
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          You also might check with the archery club called the
          Baltimore Bowmen ( http://www.baltimorebowmen.com/ ).
          The club uses land that was initially owned by the
          city of Baltimore, which was later bought and managed
          by the state of MD. You might use the following
          address for a contact. ( longbowshooter@... ).

          Another tact may be to solicit the same information
          from another archery discussion group like the
          Leatherwall at Stickbow.com.

          In Service,

          Vaclav Matyj

          katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
          > Baronial Archer
          > Barony of Adiantum

          > removed]

          > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by
          > Medieval Mart
          > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
          > http://www.medievalmart.com/

          > leave this list]
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Johann Friedrich
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            Also the City of Phoenix has the public range at Papago Park that the
            Barony of Twin Moons uses, and El Oso park where the baronies of Sundragon
            and Atenveldt practice.

            Ken Bowley yahoo@...
            AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
          • blooney@wi.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              Milwaukee, County and adjoining Waukesha County have a number of public archery ranges

              Milwaukee -
              Kinnickinnic River Parkway, 7 bales
              Kletzsch, 5 bales
              Underwood Creek Parkway, 5 bales
              Warnimont, 4 bales
              Whitnall, 3 bales

              Waukesha -
              Menomonee Park - Raised platforms, 100+ yard marked range (clout shoots!)
              Minooka Park - Raised Platforms, bails

              check out their websites

              http://www.countyparks.com/

              http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/parks/General_info/archery/archery_default.asp

              I suggest you contact both counties parks directors

              YIS

              William of Mann
              Archery Captain
              Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
              Kingdom of Northshield

              > They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
              > Usery Park East of Mesa.
              >

              > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
              > <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Greetings,
              > >
              > > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely,
              > Eugene
              > Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
              > establish a public archery range in one of the many open space
              > park
              > areas.
              > >
              > > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal
              > or
              > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
              > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
              > >
              > > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park
              > name,
              > location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and
              > if
              > available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be
              > eternally
              > grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
              > >
              > > In Service,
              > >
              > > Katherine Killigrew
              > > katherine_killigrew@m...<katherine_killigrew@m...>
              > > Baronial Archer
              > > Barony of Adiantum

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Rossignol
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                Here in the greater San Jose area of California, we have three public
                archery ranges which are on county park lands. As I understand it, they
                are administered by the Santa Clara County Park system, but are actually
                built and maintained by private archery clubs. The ranges are open free
                to the public, except on days when the club has a scheduled shoot or is
                performing maintenance.

                Santa Teresa County Park is within the city of San Jose.
                Stevens Creek County Park is within the city of Cupertino.
                Mount Madonna County Park is on unincorporated land.

                Here is the Santa Clara County Parks home page:
                http://www.clerkrecorder.org/site/0,4760,sid%253D12761,00.html

                Here is the Santa Clara County Parks page listing parks with archery
                ranges, which has contacts for their respective archery clubs:
                http://www.clerkrecorder.org/channel/0%2C4770%2Cchid%253D16288%2C00.html

                Here is an additional contact for the Black Mountain Bowmen, who
                maintain the range at Santa Teresa County Park:
                http://quicksitemaker.com/members/archery/

                In addition, the county to the north of us, San Mateo County, has at
                least one archery range which operates under the same sort of
                arrangement. It is in Huddart Park, which is part of the San Mateo
                County Parks system. I believe the park is partially within the
                boundaries of the city of Woodside, CA, and partially on unincorporated
                county land.
                http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/
                http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313305_12328471,00.html
                (Just ignore the anachronism in the first paragraph of the park history
                -- I have already explained it to them, and, who knows, maybe some day
                they will even get around to correcting it. ;-) )

                The local SCA barony in San Mateo County has regular time slots
                reserved for archery practice at the Huddart park range. I believe they
                reserve them through the archery club rather than County Parks, but I am
                not sure. http://www.thewestermark.org/archery.html

                Good luck with your proposal.

                John

                Katherine Killigrew wrote:

                >Greetings,
                >
                >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
                >
                >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
                >
                >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
                >
                >In Service,
                >
                >Katherine Killigrew
                >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
                >Baronial Archer
                >Barony of Adiantum

              • Katherine Killigrew
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                  To all who have thus far responded to my request: Thank you so much!

                  Keep 'em coming! <wink>

                  Katherine Killigrew
                  The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

                  I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

                  If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

                  In Service,

                  Katherine Killigrew
                  katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>>
                  Baronial Archer