Public Archery Ranges

  • Katherine Killigrew
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
      Greetings,

      The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

      I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

      If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

      In Service,

      Katherine Killigrew
      katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
      Baronial Archer
      Barony of Adiantum

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
        In Ohio we have several state run ranges. Run by the Department of Natural
        Resorces or the Wild life People.

        James Cunningham
        > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon)
        is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public
        archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

        > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county
        parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include
        as examples in our proposal.

        > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name,
        location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if
        available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally
        grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

        > In Service,
        >
        > Katherine Killigrew
        > katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
        > Baronial Archer
        > Barony of Adiantum

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James Koch
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
          Katherine,

          Contact the Cleveland Archery Club. Their web site can be viewed at
          http://www.geocities.com/cleveland_archery/ . They maintain an archery
          range in one of the Cleveland Metropolitan Parks. The park provides the
          land and mows the lawn. The club sets up and maintains the butts. The
          deal is, the club gets exclusive use of the range one evening every week
          (Thursdays), and can reserve it for weekend tournaments. The rest of the
          time the range is open to the public. So both the park and the club benefit.

          Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

          At 07:48 PM 2/28/2005, you wrote:

          >Greetings,
          >
          >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon)
          >is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public
          >archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
          >
          >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county
          >parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include
          >as examples in our proposal.
          >
          >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name,
          >location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if
          >available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally
          >grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
          >
          >In Service,
          >
          >Katherine Killigrew
          >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
          >Baronial Archer
          >Barony of Adiantum

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • hanhebin
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or
            > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
            > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

            Have your local people check with the Ben Avery range that exists
            just north of Phoenix, Arizona. They have been the model for many
            other archery/rifle ranges throughout the country.

            Michael
          • i_griffen
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              Contact Maricopa County Parks and Rec

              They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
              Usery Park East of Mesa.

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
              <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:

              > Greetings,
              >
              > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene
              Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
              establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park
              areas.

              > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or
              county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
              ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

              > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name,
              location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if
              available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally
              grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

              > In Service,
              >
              > Katherine Killigrew
              > katherine_killigrew@m...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@m...>
              > Baronial Archer
              > Barony of Adiantum

            • George Mateja
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                You also might check with the archery club called the
                Baltimore Bowmen ( http://www.baltimorebowmen.com/ ).
                The club uses land that was initially owned by the
                city of Baltimore, which was later bought and managed
                by the state of MD. You might use the following
                address for a contact. ( longbowshooter@... ).

                Another tact may be to solicit the same information
                from another archery discussion group like the
                Leatherwall at Stickbow.com.

                In Service,

                Vaclav Matyj

                wrote:

                > Greetings,
                >
                > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir
                > (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks
                > and Recreation Department to establish a public
                > archery range in one of the many open space park
                > areas.
                >
                > I am working to gather contact information for other
                > municipal or county parks/recreation departments
                > that operate public archery ranges to include as
                > examples in our proposal.
                >
                > If you know of such a range and can provide me with
                > the park name, location (city, state), what
                > Government entity runs the range and if available: a
                > contact name and or phone number, I would be
                > eternally grateful. Please email me directly with
                > any information you have.
                >
                > In Service,
                >
                > Katherine Killigrew

                katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
                > Baronial Archer
                > Barony of Adiantum

                > removed]

                > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by
                > Medieval Mart
                > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
                > http://www.medievalmart.com/

                > leave this list]
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
              • Johann Friedrich
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Also the City of Phoenix has the public range at Papago Park that the
                  Barony of Twin Moons uses, and El Oso park where the baronies of Sundragon
                  and Atenveldt practice.

                  Ken Bowley yahoo@...
                  AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
                • blooney@wi.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Milwaukee, County and adjoining Waukesha County have a number of public archery ranges

                    Milwaukee -
                    Kinnickinnic River Parkway, 7 bales
                    Kletzsch, 5 bales
                    Underwood Creek Parkway, 5 bales
                    Warnimont, 4 bales
                    Whitnall, 3 bales

                    Waukesha -
                    Menomonee Park - Raised platforms, 100+ yard marked range (clout shoots!)
                    Minooka Park - Raised Platforms, bails

                    check out their websites

                    http://www.countyparks.com/

                    http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/parks/General_info/archery/archery_default.asp

                    I suggest you contact both counties parks directors

                    YIS

                    William of Mann
                    Archery Captain
                    Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
                    Kingdom of Northshield

                    > They have 2 public Archery ranges Ben Avery North of Phoenix and
                    > Usery Park East of Mesa.
                    >

                    > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
                    > <katherine_killigrew@m...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Greetings,
                    > >
                    > > The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely,
                    > Eugene
                    > Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to
                    > establish a public archery range in one of the many open space
                    > park
                    > areas.
                    > >
                    > > I am working to gather contact information for other municipal
                    > or
                    > county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery
                    > ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
                    > >
                    > > If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park
                    > name,
                    > location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and
                    > if
                    > available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be
                    > eternally
                    > grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
                    > >
                    > > In Service,
                    > >
                    > > Katherine Killigrew
                    > > katherine_killigrew@m...<katherine_killigrew@m...>
                    > > Baronial Archer
                    > > Barony of Adiantum

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • John Rossignol
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Here in the greater San Jose area of California, we have three public
                      archery ranges which are on county park lands. As I understand it, they
                      are administered by the Santa Clara County Park system, but are actually
                      built and maintained by private archery clubs. The ranges are open free
                      to the public, except on days when the club has a scheduled shoot or is
                      performing maintenance.

                      Santa Teresa County Park is within the city of San Jose.
                      Stevens Creek County Park is within the city of Cupertino.
                      Mount Madonna County Park is on unincorporated land.

                      Here is the Santa Clara County Parks home page:
                      http://www.clerkrecorder.org/site/0,4760,sid%253D12761,00.html

                      Here is the Santa Clara County Parks page listing parks with archery
                      ranges, which has contacts for their respective archery clubs:
                      http://www.clerkrecorder.org/channel/0%2C4770%2Cchid%253D16288%2C00.html

                      Here is an additional contact for the Black Mountain Bowmen, who
                      maintain the range at Santa Teresa County Park:
                      http://quicksitemaker.com/members/archery/

                      In addition, the county to the north of us, San Mateo County, has at
                      least one archery range which operates under the same sort of
                      arrangement. It is in Huddart Park, which is part of the San Mateo
                      County Parks system. I believe the park is partially within the
                      boundaries of the city of Woodside, CA, and partially on unincorporated
                      county land.
                      http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/
                      http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313305_12328471,00.html
                      (Just ignore the anachronism in the first paragraph of the park history
                      -- I have already explained it to them, and, who knows, maybe some day
                      they will even get around to correcting it. ;-) )

                      The local SCA barony in San Mateo County has regular time slots
                      reserved for archery practice at the Huddart park range. I believe they
                      reserve them through the archery club rather than County Parks, but I am
                      not sure. http://www.thewestermark.org/archery.html

                      Good luck with your proposal.

                      John

                      Katherine Killigrew wrote:

                      >Greetings,
                      >
                      >The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.
                      >
                      >I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.
                      >
                      >If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.
                      >
                      >In Service,
                      >
                      >Katherine Killigrew
                      >katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>
                      >Baronial Archer
                      >Barony of Adiantum

                    • Katherine Killigrew
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                        To all who have thus far responded to my request: Thank you so much!

                        Keep 'em coming! <wink>

                        Katherine Killigrew
                        The Barony of Adiantum in the Kingdom of An Tir (mundanely, Eugene Oregon) is petitioning the Parks and Recreation Department to establish a public archery range in one of the many open space park areas.

                        I am working to gather contact information for other municipal or county parks/recreation departments that operate public archery ranges to include as examples in our proposal.

                        If you know of such a range and can provide me with the park name, location (city, state), what Government entity runs the range and if available: a contact name and or phone number, I would be eternally grateful. Please email me directly with any information you have.

                        In Service,

                        Katherine Killigrew
                        katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...<mailto:katherine_killigrew@...>>
                        Baronial Archer