Re: details about program featuring crossbow festival (a lengthy post)

  • Iohann se pipere
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2005
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@p...>
      wrote:
      > I will try to view that episode and tape it for my library.
      >
      > Do you know of any web sites with more information specific to the
      > shooting of the crossbow tournaments in those cities? The sites
      below
      > are mainly general tourist information for those visiting those
      cities.

      > Thanks for the episode information.
      >
      > Jon

      No. By coincidence, I had seen this episode on my local PBS
      station, and kept a recording of the sections I mentioned, as they
      dealt with Medieval and Renaissance practices of interest to me.
      The program included information about activities other than those I
      listed, but I can't recall any facts about them. Indeed, I was only
      able to list what I did because I reviewed the portions I recorded.
      The rest of the information (which forms the bulk of it) came from
      the websites I included in my letter. You may be able to learn more
      about the tournaments through a search for them, but I fear this
      will not be succesful unless you spend a considerable period of time
      doing so, as I found these sites by using search parameters such
      as "crossbow tournament".

      Iohann.