Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: crossbows

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 79 , Feb 17, 2005
      The Crossbows I build are bolt diameter specific. Most are set for 11/32 and
      two were set for 5/15. Most of my crossbows get tuned to 21 and 1/2 inch
      bolts, with 100 grain tips, all with three strait feather fletches at 120
      deg pattern. I have only one or two people using butt caps to reduce the
      Robin hood effect of tight groups.

      James Cunningham

      > Good idea. Could those of you that have replied please post again with
      > this information.
      >
      > On Thursday, February 17, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
      >
      > > A related series of questions I hope you address in your research
      > > concerns bolts. How many fletches (and of what material)? What length?
      > > Butt-caps or no? Diameter?
      > > Personally, I use 5/16 shafts, 3 fletch (feather), no caps, 24
      > > inches long.
      > >
      > > Nigel
      >
      > I use 21/64 shafts, two fletch with feathers, no caps, 16 inches long.
      >
      > Jon

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • John Edgerton
      Message 79 of 79 , Sep 13, 2012