Re: Technique for turkish bows

  • Rachael
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 11, 2005
      Hello,
      After a few times shooting, i found i don't like gloves at all.
      So I don't wear one. I use one of these You slip your middle finger
      through the hole and your pulling fingers aren't right on the string.
      and when Im not shooting I can scratch my nose with that hand :) YAY!

      I would guess they are easy to make, but I bought mine from some guy
      at a war.

      Peace
      Rachael K

      > >Does anyone have a pattern for this type of hand protection? I
      mean
      > >the "wrap" that your fingers fit into that leaves most of your hand
      > >bare but still protects from the fletchings. I shoot off my hand
      as
      > >well, and found that gardening gloves are too heavy and hot... I
      saw
      > >one of these at Pennsic and would love to make one. However, I
      didn't
      > >get a close enough look to really figure it out. Any help would be
      > >appreciated. Or, if anyone sells these, and will be at Better War
      > >Through Archery, I would be happy to purchase one.

    • Dan Martin
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 12, 2005
        Im temparly shooting a compound bow. Better than not shooting.
        I did somthing as a gag I put a loop on my old recurve bow and tried it with a release works grate. this will not work on a long bow you may snap the bow due to the differant leanths.
        I only shoot one of two ways either I shoot release I like or I shoot finger tabs. Not bad. My problem is I always mis place the snap tabs.
        works for hunting or compitition for comptiton you will use two sets during a day of shooting.
        I cant do gloves of any kind due to frost bite in both. Your not alone in hatred of glove. Hell I even tried the mitten the germans use that was torture

        John Rossignol <giguette@...> wrote:

        I also use a tab for the 3-finger draw. Here's one thing I have
        learned: be careful about shoving your tab into a pouch or pocket when
        you aren't using it, because it's easy for it to get bent up. This
        doesn't really seem to matter for un-timed shooting, but it can really
        slow you down on speed rounds.

        John

        Carolus von Eulenhorst wrote:

        >It's called a finger tab and I prefer one for recurve shooting as
        >well. You can get them made of calf skin with the hair on which gives a
        >faster release. I like to powder mine with a mixture of baby powder and
        >corn starch before shooting for less friction (powder the back side as well
        >to make it easier on your fingers).
        >Carolus
        >
        >At 10:53 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote:
        >

        >> Hello,
        >> After a few times shooting, i found i don't like gloves at all.
        >>So I don't wear one. I use one of these You slip your middle finger
        >>through the hole and your pulling fingers aren't right on the string.
        >> and when Im not shooting I can scratch my nose with that hand :) YAY!
        >>
        >>I would guess they are easy to make, but I bought mine from some guy
        >>at a war.
        >>
        >>Peace
        >>Rachael K

        Yahoo! Groups Links