Re: Shooting gloves, was 'technique for turkish bows'

  • Cyan of Storvik
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 7, 2005
      Here is a glove pattern that is what I gave to my nephew and had to
      alter (This is a rough sketch, and may not be exactly the dimensions
      that you will require for your hand). I believe it is what Johanna
      von Schöningen is describing as what Ottokar from Midrealm has a
      pattern for.
      http://www.firespitter.com/images/bowglove.gif

      As I mentioned before. It's stiff leather around 5-6 oz. but cuts
      into the webs of your hand. Very open though, so it is cool and the
      thick leather protects your hand very well.
      -Cyan
    • Dan Martin
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 12, 2005
        Im temparly shooting a compound bow. Better than not shooting.
        I did somthing as a gag I put a loop on my old recurve bow and tried it with a release works grate. this will not work on a long bow you may snap the bow due to the differant leanths.
        I only shoot one of two ways either I shoot release I like or I shoot finger tabs. Not bad. My problem is I always mis place the snap tabs.
        works for hunting or compitition for comptiton you will use two sets during a day of shooting.
        I cant do gloves of any kind due to frost bite in both. Your not alone in hatred of glove. Hell I even tried the mitten the germans use that was torture

        John Rossignol <giguette@...> wrote:

        I also use a tab for the 3-finger draw. Here's one thing I have
        learned: be careful about shoving your tab into a pouch or pocket when
        you aren't using it, because it's easy for it to get bent up. This
        doesn't really seem to matter for un-timed shooting, but it can really
        slow you down on speed rounds.

        John

        Carolus von Eulenhorst wrote:

        >It's called a finger tab and I prefer one for recurve shooting as
        >well. You can get them made of calf skin with the hair on which gives a
        >faster release. I like to powder mine with a mixture of baby powder and
        >corn starch before shooting for less friction (powder the back side as well
        >to make it easier on your fingers).
        >Carolus
        >
        >At 10:53 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote:
        >

        >> Hello,
        >> After a few times shooting, i found i don't like gloves at all.
        >>So I don't wear one. I use one of these You slip your middle finger
        >>through the hole and your pulling fingers aren't right on the string.
        >> and when Im not shooting I can scratch my nose with that hand :) YAY!
        >>
        >>I would guess they are easy to make, but I bought mine from some guy
        >>at a war.
        >>
        >>Peace
        >>Rachael K

        Yahoo! Groups Links