Re: [SCA-Archery] Movie

  • Scott Jaqua
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2 12:27 PM
      > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
      > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
      >
      > Charles O'Connor

      No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
      the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
      whole series.

      Njall
      Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
    • Scott Jaqua
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2 12:37 PM
        > > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows"
        > ?
        > > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
        > >
        > > Charles O'Connor
        >
        > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
        > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
        > whole series.
        >
        > Njall
        > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............

        Ooops! I forgot to add, I have seen others in the
        series and while they serve best as an introduction to
        the topic. They are well researched and have good
        productional values.

        That is to say, they present basic facts. But, they
        also present the experts or the reseach to back those
        facts up, rather then just assume it is fact.

        They also show wondeful examples of the artifacts.
        Presented in a way that a photo in a book can never
        match.

        A very good starting point for what ever artifact
        group they are presenting.

        Njall
      • i_griffen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2 9:50 PM
          These sound interesting where do I find them?

          Ian Griffen

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Scott Jaqua <hagerson@p...>
          wrote:

          > > > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows"
          > > ?
          > > > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
          > > >
          > > > Charles O'Connor
          > >
          > > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
          > > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
          > > whole series.
          > >
          > > Njall
          > > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
          >
          > Ooops! I forgot to add, I have seen others in the
          > series and while they serve best as an introduction to
          > the topic. They are well researched and have good
          > productional values.
          >
          > That is to say, they present basic facts. But, they
          > also present the experts or the reseach to back those
          > facts up, rather then just assume it is fact.
          >
          > They also show wondeful examples of the artifacts.
          > Presented in a way that a photo in a book can never
          > match.
          >
          > A very good starting point for what ever artifact
          > group they are presenting.
          >
          > Njall
        • Scott B. Jaqua
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3 8:40 AM
            i_griffen wrote: re: Arms in Action; Bows

            >These sound interesting where do I find them?
            >
            >Ian Griffen

            The Royal Armouries web shop can be found here.
            http://www.royalarmouries.org//extsite/view.jsp?sectionId=61
            You will have to dig a little to get all the videos to come up. Also
            make sure you order the correct format (most likely NTSC, in the US),
            because they offer both PAL and NTSC formats and PAL is the default
            (one more link from each title will get you to the NTSC version)

            Njall
          • mekilno
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3 11:04 AM
              Nope, not yet.... *digs out a date in her diary to go to the
              Armories again...*

              > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
              > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 10 10:27 AM
                The Video is also available from Amazon for $17.56. I just ordered it.

                Jon

                On Wednesday, February 2, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Scott Jaqua wrote:

                >> Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
                >> It is part of their Arms in Action series.
                >>
                >> Charles O'Connor
                >
                > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
                > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
                > whole series.
                >
                > Njall
                > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
              • Lord Cain Saethydd
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 11 6:00 PM
                  I have owned a copy for a few years now.

                  I highly recommend it.

                  Cain

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" <jphughessr@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
                  > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
                  >
                  > Charles O'Connor

                  > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Cyan of Storvik
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 11 7:22 PM
                    A customer emailed me to say that there was a special on the History
                    Channel tonight at 9pm called MAIL CALL. The episode was Medieval
                    Madness. Supposedly it was all about the English longbow;
                    "Questions about the medieval longbow and how it gave England a
                    military advantage. Host R. Lee Ermey"

                    I don't have satellite/directtv anyhow, but supposedly had
                    interesting commentary :(
                    -Cyan of Storvik
                  • Mark Anderson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 12 6:24 AM