Movie

  • J. Hughes
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
      Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
      It is part of their Arms in Action series.

      Charles O'Connor

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Scott Jaqua
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
        > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
        > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
        >
        > Charles O'Connor

        No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
        the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
        whole series.

        Njall
        Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
      • Scott Jaqua
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
          > > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows"
          > ?
          > > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
          > >
          > > Charles O'Connor
          >
          > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
          > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
          > whole series.
          >
          > Njall
          > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............

          Ooops! I forgot to add, I have seen others in the
          series and while they serve best as an introduction to
          the topic. They are well researched and have good
          productional values.

          That is to say, they present basic facts. But, they
          also present the experts or the reseach to back those
          facts up, rather then just assume it is fact.

          They also show wondeful examples of the artifacts.
          Presented in a way that a photo in a book can never
          match.

          A very good starting point for what ever artifact
          group they are presenting.

          Njall
        • i_griffen
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
            These sound interesting where do I find them?

            Ian Griffen

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Scott Jaqua <hagerson@p...>
            wrote:

            > > > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows"
            > > ?
            > > > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
            > > >
            > > > Charles O'Connor
            > >
            > > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
            > > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
            > > whole series.
            > >
            > > Njall
            > > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
            >
            > Ooops! I forgot to add, I have seen others in the
            > series and while they serve best as an introduction to
            > the topic. They are well researched and have good
            > productional values.
            >
            > That is to say, they present basic facts. But, they
            > also present the experts or the reseach to back those
            > facts up, rather then just assume it is fact.
            >
            > They also show wondeful examples of the artifacts.
            > Presented in a way that a photo in a book can never
            > match.
            >
            > A very good starting point for what ever artifact
            > group they are presenting.
            >
            > Njall
          • Scott B. Jaqua
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
              i_griffen wrote: re: Arms in Action; Bows

              >These sound interesting where do I find them?
              >
              >Ian Griffen

              The Royal Armouries web shop can be found here.
              http://www.royalarmouries.org//extsite/view.jsp?sectionId=61
              You will have to dig a little to get all the videos to come up. Also
              make sure you order the correct format (most likely NTSC, in the US),
              because they offer both PAL and NTSC formats and PAL is the default
              (one more link from each title will get you to the NTSC version)

              Njall
            • mekilno
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
                Nope, not yet.... *digs out a date in her diary to go to the
                Armories again...*

                > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
                > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 10, 2005
                  The Video is also available from Amazon for $17.56. I just ordered it.

                  Jon

                  On Wednesday, February 2, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Scott Jaqua wrote:

                  >> Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
                  >> It is part of their Arms in Action series.
                  >>
                  >> Charles O'Connor
                  >
                  > No, not yet, it's on my list of things to order from
                  > the Royal Armouries. Namely I plan on getting the
                  > whole series.
                  >
                  > Njall
                  > Archer, Bladesmith, Handgonner..............
                • Lord Cain Saethydd
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
                    I have owned a copy for a few years now.

                    I highly recommend it.

                    Cain

                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" <jphughessr@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > Has anyone seen the Royal Armouries vidieo "Bows" ?
                    > It is part of their Arms in Action series.
                    >
                    > Charles O'Connor

                    > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Cyan of Storvik
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
                      A customer emailed me to say that there was a special on the History
                      Channel tonight at 9pm called MAIL CALL. The episode was Medieval
                      Madness. Supposedly it was all about the English longbow;
                      "Questions about the medieval longbow and how it gave England a
                      military advantage. Host R. Lee Ermey"

                      I don't have satellite/directtv anyhow, but supposedly had
                      interesting commentary :(
                      -Cyan of Storvik
                    • Mark Anderson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 12, 2005