Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1856

  • Gwilym/Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2005
      Message: 10
      Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:25:05 -0500
      From: "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...>
      Subject: Re: Better War Through Archery?

      I sold one that was a laminated wood(no fiberglass) that was 35-40# tonight
      at the local groops meeting. The four I have left run from 58 to 43# and
      are made by a local bowyer. He makes them with a large glued on handle. All
      have cutout windows for the arrow to rest on. Three are hickory backed
      osage and one is an ash bow. Two are "D"section and two are flat bows. The
      Osage are fast bows(for wood bows) He has had them on his rack for a
      couple years and has not been able to get rid of them. I will see if I can
      get more.
      James Cunningham

      I've seen the bows that James is selling. I have been to the bowyers.
      They not only look good, but shoot well. Well worth the prices, which
      is not pocket busting.

      Master Gwilym