Re: [SCA-Archery] Better War Through Archery?

  • saintelmo.1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
      hmmm, it seems like all the riff-raff are coming, this is a good thing :-)

      Demetrious

      > Greetings,
      >
      > In Re Better War Through Archery
      >
      > Dorinda Scorpione and Alan of Caerlaverock will be there.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lord Caedmon Wilson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
        Better War Through Archery, from my brief experience of 5 years going
        to it, has always had a good attendance.

        --
        Lord Caedmon Wilson

        Crossbow Archery Champion, Barony Flaming Gryhon
        Rapier Champion, South Oaken Region
      • felix47@juno.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
          Sorry, can't make it this year. You know, new job, long distance from Forgotten Sea, etc. See you at Lilies War?
          Felix, Boga Fyrd, Calontir

          Now includes pop-up blocker!
        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
            James Cunningham Will be there with 5-6 Wooden American Longbows that shoot
            sweet and run$60-100 dollars.

            James Cunningham
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
              Great! I look forward to meeting you all. I can only attend late
              morning through the afternoon, but I am looking forward to being
              there. Too cold to practive lately, so I ought to be nice and rusty!

              Michael

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, saintelmo.1@c... wrote:
              > hmmm, it seems like all the riff-raff are coming, this is a good
              thing :-)

              > Demetrious

              > > Greetings,
              > >
              > > In Re Better War Through Archery
              > >
              > > Dorinda Scorpione and Alan of Caerlaverock will be there.

              list]

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • James Koch
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
                James,

                >James Cunningham Will be there with 5-6 Wooden American Longbows that shoot
                >sweet and run$60-100 dollars.

                I require more information! Describe the bows and the available draw
                weights. Can you provide four around 40# @ 28"? Are these bows you have
                made? I know you have the wood!

                Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)
              • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 27, 2005
                  I sold one that was a laminated wood(no fiberglass) that was 35-40# tonight
                  at the local groops meeting. The four I have left run from 58 to 43# and
                  are made by a local bowyer. He makes them with a large glued on handle. All
                  have cutout windows for the arrow to rest on. Three are hickory backed
                  osage and one is an ash bow. Two are "D"section and two are flat bows. The
                  Osage are fast bows(for wood bows) He has had them on his rack for a
                  couple years and has not been able to get ride of them. I will see if I can
                  get more.
                  James Cunningham

                  > >James Cunningham Will be there with 5-6 Wooden American Longbows that
                  shoot
                  > >sweet and run$60-100 dollars.
                  >

                  > I require more information! Describe the bows and the available draw
                  > weights. Can you provide four around 40# @ 28"? Are these bows you have
                  > made? I know you have the wood!
                  > >
                  > Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • James Koch
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 28, 2005
                    James,

                    The hickory backed osage sound interesting. What would the maker charge
                    for four 40# hickory backed osage flat bows?

                    Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

                    >At 02:25 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:

                    >I sold one that was a laminated wood(no fiberglass) that was 35-40# tonight
                    >at the local groops meeting. The four I have left run from 58 to 43# and
                    >are made by a local bowyer. He makes them with a large glued on handle. All
                    >have cutout windows for the arrow to rest on. Three are hickory backed
                    >osage and one is an ash bow. Two are "D"section and two are flat bows. The
                    >Osage are fast bows(for wood bows) He has had them on his rack for a
                    >couple years and has not been able to get ride of them. I will see if I can
                    >get more.
                    >James Cunningham
                    >

                    > > >James Cunningham Will be there with 5-6 Wooden American Longbows that
                    >shoot
                    > > >sweet and run$60-100 dollars.
                    > >

                    > > I require more information! Describe the bows and the available draw
                    > > weights. Can you provide four around 40# @ 28"? Are these bows you have
                    > > made? I know you have the wood!
                    > > >
                    > > Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Lord Cain Saethydd
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 28, 2005
                      I will be there! Not at all certain if I will make the Archery
                      Field, as it commonly is only open duiring the times Hardsuit is
                      going on. Despite polite requests from a great many ppl.

                      Cain

                      - In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "adrahil20601" <adrahil@c...>
                      wrote:

                      > Anyone going?
                      >
                      > This will be my first big SCA archery event and I was wondering if
                      > anyone from this list might be there?
                      >
                      > Michael
                    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 28, 2005
                        I will bring what I have to Better War. To make new bow to those specs. I
                        am thinking around $100 or more. He is currently making take down recurves.
                        I am trying to talk him into making laminated crossbow prods, and maybe
                        later into making Mear Heath type flat bows with laminated limbs.

                        James Cunningham

                        > James,
                        > >
                        > The hickory backed osage sound interesting. What would the maker charge
                        > for four 40# hickory backed osage flat bows?
                        > >
                        > Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)
                        > >

                        > >At 02:25 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:
                        >
                        > >I sold one that was a laminated wood(no fiberglass) that was 35-40#
                        tonight
                        > >at the local groops meeting. The four I have left run from 58 to 43# and
                        > >are made by a local bowyer. He makes them with a large glued on handle.
                        All
                        > >have cutout windows for the arrow to rest on. Three are hickory backed
                        > >osage and one is an ash bow. Two are "D"section and two are flat bows.
                        The
                        > >Osage are fast bows(for wood bows) He has had them on his rack for a
                        > >couple years and has not been able to get ride of them. I will see if I
                        can
                        > >get more.
                        > >James Cunningham

                        > >shoot
                        > > >

                        > > > I require more information! Describe the bows and the available draw
                        > > > weights. Can you provide four around 40# @ 28"? Are these bows you
                        have
                        > > > made? I know you have the wood!
                        > > > >
                        > > > Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)

                        > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by Medieval Mart
                        > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

                        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > >This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • coailtekweelta
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 30, 2005
                          I had planned on attending right down to a room at the Super8 up the
                          road...then disaster struck...pnuemonia. Hope ya'll had a great time
                          and will catch you next time.

                          Oh and Nigel I never recived my warrent card

                          Coailte
                        • Lord Cain Saethydd
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 30, 2005
                            Correction: The war point shoots are commonly only open during the
                            hardsuit battles. Not at all certain this year, as I gave up trying.

                            Cain