Archer's Swords

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 52 , Jan 20, 2005
      To Whom It May Concern,

      I just now returned from Firespitter's archery web site where I noticed a
      couple of swords for sale. It occurred to me that I haven't made any real
      swords in five years since I have been so busy with my fencing
      business. However, for a long time I have wanted to make a few accurate
      reproductions of both the Conyers Falchion and the Thorpe
      Falchion. Falchions have long been thought of as the archer's side
      arm. Would any archers out there be interested in purchasing a
      falchion? If so perhaps I could sell them from my crossbow site.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)
    • Dan Martin
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 12, 2005
        Im temparly shooting a compound bow. Better than not shooting.
        I did somthing as a gag I put a loop on my old recurve bow and tried it with a release works grate. this will not work on a long bow you may snap the bow due to the differant leanths.
        I only shoot one of two ways either I shoot release I like or I shoot finger tabs. Not bad. My problem is I always mis place the snap tabs.
        works for hunting or compitition for comptiton you will use two sets during a day of shooting.
        I cant do gloves of any kind due to frost bite in both. Your not alone in hatred of glove. Hell I even tried the mitten the germans use that was torture

        John Rossignol <giguette@...> wrote:

        I also use a tab for the 3-finger draw. Here's one thing I have
        learned: be careful about shoving your tab into a pouch or pocket when
        you aren't using it, because it's easy for it to get bent up. This
        doesn't really seem to matter for un-timed shooting, but it can really
        slow you down on speed rounds.

        John

        Carolus von Eulenhorst wrote:

        >It's called a finger tab and I prefer one for recurve shooting as
        >well. You can get them made of calf skin with the hair on which gives a
        >faster release. I like to powder mine with a mixture of baby powder and
        >corn starch before shooting for less friction (powder the back side as well
        >to make it easier on your fingers).
        >Carolus
        >
        >At 10:53 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote:
        >

        >> Hello,
        >> After a few times shooting, i found i don't like gloves at all.
        >>So I don't wear one. I use one of these You slip your middle finger
        >>through the hole and your pulling fingers aren't right on the string.
        >> and when Im not shooting I can scratch my nose with that hand :) YAY!
        >>
        >>I would guess they are easy to make, but I bought mine from some guy
        >>at a war.
        >>
        >>Peace
        >>Rachael K

        Yahoo! Groups Links