Re: [SCA-Archery] re: Raw feathers

  • Dan Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2005
      Not being rude I shoot turkey feathers but to darn mush trouble preping
      3 river and pro bass both have nateral turkey feathers at very fair prices. For what its worth screwing around I have mounted them raw as you say. Dont last a long time but works.

      Cyan of Storvik <terry@...> wrote:

      Raw feathers? I prefer mine done well. (har har). Actually
      STICKBOW.com has information on building your own arrows, including
      feather selection, cutting and preping for attachment.
      The article on preping turkey feathers also has information on a
      place (in Michigcan I believe) that you can send the feathers to and
      they will do all of the prep for you for like $15 for 100 feathers.
      I don't know anything about turkey feathers and fletching, but for
      peacock feathers, you have to remove the fuzz first. You can use an
      eraser or use a pan of clorox, a pan of baking soda and a pan of
      water. Dip the feather into the clorox until the fuzz goes clear
      then, dip in the soda water to neutralize, followed by the water to
      rinse. Then you're left with a beautiful peacock feather to mutilate
      as you will.
      -Cyan of Storvik

      Yahoo! Groups Links