Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Why are the ranks different?

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2005
      Greetings Strongbow

      I can answere from the Middle Kingdom. We use what we call the Royal Round:
      6 arrows at 20,30,40yards and a 30 secound speed round at 20. Shot at a FITA
      60 cm targets using 5,4,3,2,1 scoring for the colors. The Scores are
      reported to the keeper of the Ranking system( Our lovely Countess Aibhilin)
      After you turn in three scores you get and average and are ranked. See:
      http://www.castlewalls.com/archery/default.html

      Other kingdoms use other systems, Like the Falcon Round of Calontir.

      Our system is easy to set up, quick to shoot, and standardized so you can
      compare yourself with anyone from northern Michigan to southern Kentucky.
      It is not perfect and does not test all archery skills. Only meat in the
      pot and comming home alive are the true tests of an archer.

      James Cunningham