Re: [SCA-Archery] European Mounted Archers

  • J. Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005
      Lyev, you are the one that pointed out to me Talifer's
      depiction of mounted Crossbowmen. Both John of England
      and Philip Augustus of France used mounted
      Crossbowmen. I am trying to secure a picture of the
      Granadan mounted crossbowmen that decorates the
      ceiling of the Hall of Dames in the Alhambra in
      Granada. Both of the pictures are examples of clearly
      using the crossbows mounted, not just riding to battle
      and then firing on foot.

      Charles O'Connor

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail