History Channel project

  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
      Unto the good gentles of Caid who might be interested in assisting with a
      production for the History Channel production Modern Marvels. I know this
      is VERY short notice but it requires little preparation and help. They are
      hoping to shoot next Wednesday, 5 January in LA (possibly Woodley Park) for
      some background footage. The producers would like one or more English
      Longbowmen, crossbowmen, and someone with a roman gladius and a maul or
      stone axe for close-up shots and some set piece shooting footage. The
      ability to use a crossbow to actually pierce a breastplate would be nice
      but they aren't sure if they can get that together. A small sample of
      period arrows is also desired. If anybody can help please contact me or
      Mr. David Bradstreet at davidb@... (please respond to both of
      us). The loan of equipment would also be helpful or if this is too soon
      please let us know of your availability. There is no budget for this
      project and it involves little effort but it will get us some recognition
      and help the producers establish a resource list for future projects. I
      should mention that Mr. Bradstreet is a member of House Silveroak and
      fights with Caid.

      Hoping to hear a positive response soon.

      THL Carolus von Eulenhorst
      Master of Archers, Kingdom of Caid
      mka Karl Sandhoff

    • Carolus von Eulenhorst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
        Even though this didn't work out perhaps there will come another chance
        later. Let's all keep this type of thing in the back of our minds and be
        ready for the next opportunity. Maybe we could use a little of the
        professional expertise here along with our own talent to put a little test
        video together to get a taste of the process and maybe post it to the new
        web site (Say a couple of minutes demo, not a big project)
        Carolus