Re: Your point glue recommendation

  • Greg Young/Jocelyn Wirth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2000
      >That said, I don't use hot melt anymore. I use 5 minute epoxy. It's bond
      >can still be broken with heat so it's not a totally permanent glue but it
      >will not come off in use. With the epoxy I don't have to worry about a
      >flame, burning myself on hot tips or glue drips, and I have a much longer
      >"pot life" in which I can adjust the tip for concentricity.

      I, too, have been using 5-minute epoxy for some years now. It's fast and
      durable without much fuss. I have rarely lost a tip, even in tightly
      packed buffalo-board butts.

      One tip to help the tips stay on longer: Before applying any epoxy, clean
      out the insides of your field points with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.
      This removes any residue and oils from the inside that might prevent proper
      bonding of the epoxy.

      In service,

      THL Robin Kyrke, Forester
      Principality Archery Marshal for Northshield
      Midrealm