Greetings and a question

  • BlueHawk Winterfire
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
      greetings unto the list, I believe this is my first message here (it's
      hard to keep up with where I am anymore)...I'm from Atlantia, and just
      started in the SCA, and archery. My name is Miriel (for now)...

      My question is this, and apologies if this has been asked in the last
      three months or so, I'll be happy to troll through the archives if
      told that is where I must go..I read with interest the debate on Hip
      versus Back quivers and want to make one for Kingdom A&S Festival in
      March (also for a badge of rank for our Baronial Champion and
      Guard)...however, I would like to know of good resources for
      documentation besides the Battle of Agincourt, especially since my
      persona is 13th century Scottish, and a merchant (so, really, any
      where in the world is ok for style...I'm just impish enough to try and
      make that fly :P )

      Thanks to anyone who can help in this direction...(and yeah, I'm not
      very good yet, and haven't been practicing much, but I've got good
      teachers)

      Miriel Crawford
      House LionSlayer
      Charlesbury Crossing
    • BlueHawk Winterfire
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
        Well, guess I'll answer my own question. Thanks anyway! To the search!

        Miriel, Pilot of the LionSlayer
        Chatelaine of Charlesbury Crossing

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "BlueHawk Winterfire"
        <drgnhlr@s...> wrote:

        > greetings unto the list, I believe this is my first message here (it's
        > hard to keep up with where I am anymore)...I'm from Atlantia, and just
        > started in the SCA, and archery. My name is Miriel (for now)...
        >
        > My question is this, and apologies if this has been asked in the last
        > three months or so, I'll be happy to troll through the archives if
        > told that is where I must go..I read with interest the debate on Hip
        > versus Back quivers and want to make one for Kingdom A&S Festival in
        > March (also for a badge of rank for our Baronial Champion and
        > Guard)...however, I would like to know of good resources for
        > documentation besides the Battle of Agincourt, especially since my
        > persona is 13th century Scottish, and a merchant (so, really, any
        > where in the world is ok for style...I'm just impish enough to try and
        > make that fly :P )
        >
        > Thanks to anyone who can help in this direction...(and yeah, I'm not
        > very good yet, and haven't been practicing much, but I've got good
        > teachers)
        >
        > Miriel Crawford
        > House LionSlayer
        > Charlesbury Crossing
      • Nest verch Tangwistel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2004
          What was your question anyway? It is a little hard to tell from the email.
          What are you looking for documentation on? Do you mean all archery
          documentation for everything except Agincourt? Or were you looking for
          quivers specifically, because as you said we just went over those and you
          saw the thread. So you already saw our meager documentation.

          Nest

          --- BlueHawk Winterfire <drgnhlr@...> wrote:

          > Well, guess I'll answer my own question. Thanks anyway! To the search!
          >
          > Miriel, Pilot of the LionSlayer
          > Chatelaine of Charlesbury Crossing
          >
          > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "BlueHawk Winterfire"
          > <drgnhlr@s...> wrote:
          > >
          > > greetings unto the list, I believe this is my first message here (it's
          > > hard to keep up with where I am anymore)...I'm from Atlantia, and just
          > > started in the SCA, and archery. My name is Miriel (for now)...
          > >
          > > My question is this, and apologies if this has been asked in the last
          > > three months or so, I'll be happy to troll through the archives if
          > > told that is where I must go..I read with interest the debate on Hip
          > > versus Back quivers and want to make one for Kingdom A&S Festival in
          > > March (also for a badge of rank for our Baronial Champion and
          > > Guard)...however, I would like to know of good resources for
          > > documentation besides the Battle of Agincourt, especially since my
          > > persona is 13th century Scottish, and a merchant (so, really, any
          > > where in the world is ok for style...I'm just impish enough to try and
          > > make that fly :P )
          > >
          > > Thanks to anyone who can help in this direction...(and yeah, I'm not
          > > very good yet, and haven't been practicing much, but I've got good
          > > teachers)
          > >
          > > Miriel Crawford
          > > House LionSlayer
          > > Charlesbury Crossing

          http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
        • BlueHawk Winterfire
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
            <eastarch@y...> wrote:
            > What was your question anyway? It is a little hard to tell from the
            email.
            > What are you looking for documentation on? Do you mean all archery
            > documentation for everything except Agincourt? Or were you looking for
            > quivers specifically, because as you said we just went over those
            and you
            > saw the thread. So you already saw our meager documentation.
            >
            > Nest

            Sorry, I suppose it wasn't clear...

            Yes, I am looking for more than the documentation provided in the last
            thread on quivers; but if that is all you have - thank you.

            Agincourt is a little 'post period' for what I'm looking for.

            have to admit sometimes i write too much - something i'm good at, but
            it's a detriment...sigh

            Miriel
            House LionSlayer