Estrella target archery

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
      Does anyone know if the the targets for the target archery competitions
      at Estrella are friendly to crossbow bolts? Will the mats, backstops,
      etc stop crossbow bolts or will they eat them?

      Jon, a new crossbow shooter with a new crossbow and bolts that he would
      not want to lose too many bolts disappearing into hay bales. . :-)
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
        Make your bolts 21 to22 inches long and you will lose too many in bales.
        Plus they shoot better.

        James Cunningham
        > Does anyone know if the the targets for the target archery competitions
        > at Estrella are friendly to crossbow bolts? Will the mats, backstops,
        > etc stop crossbow bolts or will they eat them?
        >
        > Jon, a new crossbow shooter with a new crossbow and bolts that he would
        > not want to lose too many bolts disappearing into hay bales. . :-)

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eric & Mary Ward
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
          >Does anyone know if the the targets for the target archery competitions
          >at Estrella are friendly to crossbow bolts? Will the mats, backstops,
          >etc stop crossbow bolts or will they eat them?
          >
          >Jon, a new crossbow shooter with a new crossbow and bolts that he would
          not want to lose too many bolts disappearing into hay bales. . :-)
          Jon-
          The butts at Estrella are typically backed with UHD (ultra
          high density) foam. None of the crossbow shooters had any problems
          with blowthru the last three years, at least not that I observed,
          either marshalling or shooting.
          Of course, misses will be penalized.

          THL Owen ap Howell
          Deputy Archer General, Artemisia
        • Dan Martin
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
            I shoot a 180 lb crossbow. I put quills clear thu deer and farrel hogs. I shoot 26 in and have no problem finding my quills I also tend to brake a lot I shoot hickory arrows and you except the fact you break arrows but I like the speed and he feel better than aluminaum

            "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...> wrote:
            Make your bolts 21 to22 inches long and you will lose too many in bales.
            Plus they shoot better.

            James Cunningham
            > Does anyone know if the the targets for the target archery competitions
            > at Estrella are friendly to crossbow bolts? Will the mats, backstops,
            > etc stop crossbow bolts or will they eat them?
            >
            > Jon, a new crossbow shooter with a new crossbow and bolts that he would
            > not want to lose too many bolts disappearing into hay bales. . :-)

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Forrester
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
              Owen, what do you know about misses, I have never seen you miss.

              Forrester

              > >Does anyone know if the the targets for the target archery competitions
              > >at Estrella are friendly to crossbow bolts? Will the mats, backstops,
              > >etc stop crossbow bolts or will they eat them?
              > >
              > >Jon, a new crossbow shooter with a new crossbow and bolts that he would
              > not want to lose too many bolts disappearing into hay bales. . :-)
              > Jon-
              > The butts at Estrella are typically backed with UHD (ultra
              > high density) foam. None of the crossbow shooters had any problems
              > with blowthru the last three years, at least not that I observed,
              > either marshalling or shooting.
              > Of course, misses will be penalized.
              >
              > THL Owen ap Howell
              > Deputy Archer General, Artemisia

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Eric & Mary Ward
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
                >Owen, what do you know about misses, I have never seen you miss.
                >
                >Forrester

                Now Forrester, you know that's not true. I missed your
                cheetah-on-a-wire at least once at Glory.

                Owen
              • Forrester
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
                  That's true , did you ever find your arrow? :):)

                  When is the next time you are going to make it down to the great kingdom of
                  the Outlands, we would like to see you.

                  FWI, I will not be able to make it to war this Feb but some of my shoots
                  will, like the trebuchet wall, and the town wall, but not the hanging wand.

                  Forrester

                  > >Owen, what do you know about misses, I have never seen you miss.
                  > >
                  > >Forrester
                  > >

                  > Now Forrester, you know that's not true. I missed your
                  > cheetah-on-a-wire at least once at Glory.
                  >
                  > Owen

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Eric & Mary Ward
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004

                    >When is the next time you are going to make it down to the great kingdom of
                    >the Outlands, we would like to see you.
                    >
                    >FWI, I will not be able to make it to war this Feb but some of my shoots
                    >will, like the trebuchet wall, and the town wall, but not the hanging wand.
                    >
                    >Forrester

                    Don't know when I'll be there. I won't be able to get to war this
                    year either, so maybe Glory again in the summer.

                    Owen
                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 24, 2007
                      Information on target archery at Estrella War in February can be
                      found at:

                      http://www.estrellawar.org/Activities/Archery/tabid/434/Default.aspx