Re: Aethelmearc Archery Awards

  • Lord Cain Saethydd
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
      Most likely modern recurve, 66" Javelina, forget the manufacturer,
      Bear, I think. I do know that I have never found another like it. It
      draws a strong 50 pounds, tends to like the heavy shafts, as they
      fly as well the light ones off it. Slowed me down on the speed
      rounds from 10 arrows in 30 seconds to 7/8 arrows. But, it did help
      at the 40 yard mark.

      I was looking for a nice 66" 40lb bow, as I can still get the 10
      arrows off, and do well at the 40 yard, but never did find the right
      one =/.

      I was consistantly shooting Bowmaster, 85 to 99, no matter the type
      of the bow. I never believed in master one type of firearm, same
      with the bow. Funny though, once you get in the mind frame, it does
      not matter what type of bow, or arrow, what spine what (even if not
      matched to bow), or what release method you shoot. You will be
      consistant in your scores.

      Cain

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Cyan of Storvik" <terry@f...>