Re: Aethelmearc Archery Awards

  • Lord Cain Saethydd
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
      Woot! I am a Grand Master! (equivalent)

      Best month was 109,109,108. One point shy of Bowmaster Par
      Excellance, our top award. Of note, noone has ever made that rank.
      Baron Master Black Arrow and I have come close, not sure of anyone
      else.

      Cain, Atenveldt

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Capn Mac" <capnmac@c...> wrote:
      > I have a page on the Aethelmearc Archery Website that contains
      pictures of
      > the rankings of Aethelmearc archers. I'm not sure if this is what
      you want
      > or not but the site is... http://www.capnmac.com/archery
      >
      > -Ce'tach Fitzgibbon
      > Web Wizard, Aethelmearc Archery
      >
      > ---
    • Cyan of Storvik
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
        Most hearty congratulations Cain. VIVAT!
        What kind of bow were you using? Traditional, Modern recurve or
        Crossbow?
        -Cyan of Storvik
      • Lord Cain Saethydd
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
          Most likely modern recurve, 66" Javelina, forget the manufacturer,
          Bear, I think. I do know that I have never found another like it. It
          draws a strong 50 pounds, tends to like the heavy shafts, as they
          fly as well the light ones off it. Slowed me down on the speed
          rounds from 10 arrows in 30 seconds to 7/8 arrows. But, it did help
          at the 40 yard mark.

          I was looking for a nice 66" 40lb bow, as I can still get the 10
          arrows off, and do well at the 40 yard, but never did find the right
          one =/.

          I was consistantly shooting Bowmaster, 85 to 99, no matter the type
          of the bow. I never believed in master one type of firearm, same
          with the bow. Funny though, once you get in the mind frame, it does
          not matter what type of bow, or arrow, what spine what (even if not
          matched to bow), or what release method you shoot. You will be
          consistant in your scores.

          Cain

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Cyan of Storvik" <terry@f...>