The rest of the story Re: question for all archers

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2004
      Yes! I have strung the same recurve for 20 years plus with the step through
      method. And I have cringed and even stopped people when they severly
      twisted the limbs on a recurve while trying to sting it, using the step
      through method. A bow stringer does not normaly twist a bow(I am sure
      somebody can do it) though I have seen the recurve type stringer bend one
      limb much more than the other. So... I guess it is not with wether you
      string a bow with a stringer or not but how well you keep the limbs from
      twisting and from being over stressed. The step through method takes more
      practice and skill than the stringer to do the same job.

      Kind'a like shooting with fingers no sights instead of a release with sights

      James Cunningham