Re: stepping through

  • agincort@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2004
      > I used the step through method for many years(20plus) on the same
      recurve.
      > When I got into the SCA many marshals did not like to see me use the
      step
      > through method.
      Just a note:
      In the book Arab Archery (originally printed somewhere around 1500 in
      Arabic) they go through a number of interesting exercises in stringing
      the bow - most of them involving wrapping - in their case - a C shaped
      recurve in a number of unusual ways around their body to get it strung.
      Not surprisingly, they used themselves as the stringer.
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      Midrealm Forester, OP
      "No matter where you go, there - you'll want your bow"