Re: [SCA-Archery] LB inception?

  • Lisa Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2000
      The first LB was Ailean Mac an Daroch I believe he did it in 1993.
      If you go to http://members.aol.com/AGPitts/frame.html it gives all the names.

      Tamar

      Adler, Chris wrote:

      > From: "Adler, Chris" <chris.adler@...>
      >
      > Thanks for all the quick answers - wow, there's *15* ludicrous bowmen?
      >
      > My next question: when was the first one made and who was it? Again, just
      > curious as to when this ranking started. We have one in AEthelmearc, and a
      > couple who are slowly closing in...
      >
      > Many thanks, Katja

    • D Humberson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2000
        Hi, Katja, from Ragnar!

        One small correction - Aethelmearc has two LB's, Baron Connor Bowsplitter
        and Master (at Arms) Cormac Dubh( sp? - can't expect an ignorant Viking to
        spell, now can you?).

        Just for the record, Cormac did it with a self longbow. Talk about the hard
        way...

        Ragnar