Re: [SCA-Archery] crossbow

  • Ryynänen Harri
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
      > What kind are you looking for? Looks, Accuracy, Speed, or Combat?

      all kinds. ;-) I don't have enuff things to do. I'm intrested in making
      and using my bows in combat and target archery.

      btw, I was discussin with our baronys archerymarshall last night, and he
      told that he had made functional chinese repeaters, three of them.

      1st model was for unfletched arrows (15 arrows)
      2nd for fletched arrows (2 feathers) (10 arrows (((I think))))
      3rd was for combatbluntarrows, fletched as well. With chamber of 5 arrows.

      He said that the speed is around 1sec/arrow if you dont bother aiming,
      and the range was some 50-60 meters. He'll be doing testing this weekend,
      so I'll be having more info on
      monday.

      Haakon
    • psobaka@mail.myriad.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
        Be aware that the bolt construction for combat arrows/bolts may be changing.

        >> What kind are you looking for? Looks, Accuracy, Speed, or Combat?
        >
        >all kinds. ;-) I don't have enuff things to do. I'm intrested in making
        >and using my bows in combat and target archery.
        >
        >btw, I was discussin with our baronys archerymarshall last night, and he
        >told that he had made functional chinese repeaters, three of them.

        The IKAC rules limmit repeating crossbows to 5 arrows.

        >1st model was for unfletched arrows (15 arrows)
        >2nd for fletched arrows (2 feathers) (10 arrows (((I think))))
        >3rd was for combatbluntarrows, fletched as well. With chamber of 5 arrows.
        >
        >He said that the speed is around 1sec/arrow if you dont bother aiming,
        >and the range was some 50-60 meters. He'll be doing testing this weekend,
        >so I'll be having more info on
        >monday.
        >
        >Haakon

        Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
        Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
      • Ryynänen Harri
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
          > The IKAC rules limmit repeating crossbows to 5 arrows.

          loaded arrows or the size of the arrowchamber?

          Haakon
        • psobaka@mail.myriad.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 10, 2000
            I don't know for sure would have to ask the keeper of the IKAC, are you out
            there?

            >From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ryyn=E4nen_Harri?= <haryynan@...>
            >
            >> The IKAC rules limmit repeating crossbows to 5 arrows.
            >
            >loaded arrows or the size of the arrowchamber?
            >
            >Haakon

            Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
            Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
          • James W. Pratt Jr.
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 10, 2000
              Rules use to be at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ikac_rules.html

              James Cunningham

            • tweapons@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 13, 2000
                Could you also send me the URL that you have for Crossbows.

                Lord John Chaddewyck
                tweapons@...

                --- In SCA-Archery@onelist.com, bloodsng@a... wrote:
                > YES I KNOW OF ONE. WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU LATER TODAY. WOULD DO IT
                NOW BUT I AM