Re: [SCA-Archery] crossbow

  • James W. Pratt Jr.
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
      Greetings

      What kind are you looking for? Looks, Accuracy, Speed, or Combat?

      James Cunningham
    • bloodsng@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
        YES I KNOW OF ONE. WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU LATER TODAY. WOULD DO IT NOW BUT I AM
        AT WORK.
      • Ryynänen Harri
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
          > What kind are you looking for? Looks, Accuracy, Speed, or Combat?

          all kinds. ;-) I don't have enuff things to do. I'm intrested in making
          and using my bows in combat and target archery.

          btw, I was discussin with our baronys archerymarshall last night, and he
          told that he had made functional chinese repeaters, three of them.

          1st model was for unfletched arrows (15 arrows)
          2nd for fletched arrows (2 feathers) (10 arrows (((I think))))
          3rd was for combatbluntarrows, fletched as well. With chamber of 5 arrows.

          He said that the speed is around 1sec/arrow if you dont bother aiming,
          and the range was some 50-60 meters. He'll be doing testing this weekend,
          so I'll be having more info on
          monday.

          Haakon
        • psobaka@mail.myriad.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
            Be aware that the bolt construction for combat arrows/bolts may be changing.

            >> What kind are you looking for? Looks, Accuracy, Speed, or Combat?
            >
            >all kinds. ;-) I don't have enuff things to do. I'm intrested in making
            >and using my bows in combat and target archery.
            >
            >btw, I was discussin with our baronys archerymarshall last night, and he
            >told that he had made functional chinese repeaters, three of them.

            The IKAC rules limmit repeating crossbows to 5 arrows.

            >1st model was for unfletched arrows (15 arrows)
            >2nd for fletched arrows (2 feathers) (10 arrows (((I think))))
            >3rd was for combatbluntarrows, fletched as well. With chamber of 5 arrows.
            >
            >He said that the speed is around 1sec/arrow if you dont bother aiming,
            >and the range was some 50-60 meters. He'll be doing testing this weekend,
            >so I'll be having more info on
            >monday.
            >
            >Haakon

            Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
            Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
          • Ryynänen Harri
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2000
              > The IKAC rules limmit repeating crossbows to 5 arrows.

              loaded arrows or the size of the arrowchamber?

              Haakon
            • psobaka@mail.myriad.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2000
                I don't know for sure would have to ask the keeper of the IKAC, are you out
                there?

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10, 2000
                  Rules use to be at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ikac_rules.html

                  James Cunningham

                • tweapons@hotmail.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 13, 2000
                    Could you also send me the URL that you have for Crossbows.

                    Lord John Chaddewyck
                    tweapons@...