Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Shoulder vs Hip Quiver

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 2, 2004
      Nest verch Tangwistel wrote:

      > ... It is very hard to explain. If you hold the
      > knock between you thumb and first finger, you can let the string slip
      > between your thumb and the string. Then the string in enclosed in the
      > circle made by your thumb, first finger and the knock and it acts like a
      > funnel to line the string up with the nock.

      like this?:
      http://h00050207be9f.ne.client2.attbi.com/misc/nestload.dcr
      (You'll need Shockwave)

      or

      http://h00050207be9f.ne.client2.attbi.com/misc/nestDraw.mov
      (You'll need Quicktime)

      Please pardon the ugliness, It's a quickie.

      -- Fritz

      Carl West
      mailto:carl.west@...
      http://carl.west.home.comcast.net
    • John Rossignol
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 10, 2004
        Amen to that. A lot of people in this country gripe about the military
        budget, and put down soldiers and sailors, but one thing history has
        shown again and again is: when we need 'em, we *need* 'em, and then the
        complainers are sure glad to have them. My hat is off to the USMC, one
        of the finest bodies of fighting men the world has seen. Their defense
        of Wake Island ranks with that of Thermopylae.

        John