Re: [SCA-Archery] Shoulder vs Hip Quiver

  • eulenhorst@juno.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 1, 2004
      Personally, I like using a leg quiver. Its made to fit against the outside of my calf and puts the fletching about at my knee.

      In Service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      -- "Sara" <zawi@...> wrote:

      Hi everyone...
      I just made a gorgeous quiver (from the sleeve of an old
      leather/sheepskin jacket). It's really pretty.
      I have a question...
      Do any of you find it advantageous at all to have a shoulder quiver
      vs a hip quiver..particularly when it comes to speed rounds ?
      (I'm asking because I'm going to finish this quiver as one or the
      other and I'd like to put the straps on in the right place.)
      I'm used to using only a hip quiver, but if I can get an extra arrow
      off in a speed round with a shoulder quiver, I'm willing to give it a
      try....
      Thanks.
      - Sara -

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Now includes pop-up blocker!
    • John Rossignol
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 10, 2004
        Amen to that. A lot of people in this country gripe about the military
        budget, and put down soldiers and sailors, but one thing history has
        shown again and again is: when we need 'em, we *need* 'em, and then the
        complainers are sure glad to have them. My hat is off to the USMC, one
        of the finest bodies of fighting men the world has seen. Their defense
        of Wake Island ranks with that of Thermopylae.

        John