Re: Shoulder vs Hip Quiver

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Kinjal of Moravia"
      <gusarimagic@c...> wrote:

      > For extra speed try placing the quiver on the ground with the
      arrow
      > tips facing you and elevated (I use a knive stuck in the ground).
      > Shoot kneeling. Of course you have to shoot Mongolian style for
      > this to work ;-)
      >
      > kinjal

      I should have added -- the belt quiver has a decided advantage for
      this style anyway as you knock the arrows on the underside of the
      bow, not the top. No I'm not that fast, but my Grandfather could do
      eleven in 30 seconds -- 'apple small' on target too -- imagine
      getting a 55 in the speed round!

      kinjal
    • John Rossignol
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 10, 2004
        Amen to that. A lot of people in this country gripe about the military
        budget, and put down soldiers and sailors, but one thing history has
        shown again and again is: when we need 'em, we *need* 'em, and then the
        complainers are sure glad to have them. My hat is off to the USMC, one
        of the finest bodies of fighting men the world has seen. Their defense
        of Wake Island ranks with that of Thermopylae.

        John