Thank you

  • Andre Detommaso
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2000
      Greetings everyone,

      I would like to thank everyone for your wondeful notes regarding my new
      Ludicrous "ranking". It made a nice moment even nicer.

      As I was reflecting on this during the past weekend, I was quite humbled
      when I realized how many people had unselfishly given of their time to
      me during the past few years, and allowed me to get to this point. Many
      of the best archers in the SCA provided assistance, amazing amounts of
      instructions, and constant support and encouragement, always without
      asking anything at all in return. They took time out of their experience
      to make my experience better, time out of their archery to make me a
      better archer. Ygraine and Li, Krakken and Mark, Dennis, Brad, Spence,
      Geoffrey and Geoffrey, Ramos, Andras. They represent what's best about
      archery skill, but also what's best about the SCA, and everything we try
      to create in the Society. So vivats to all of you, and thank you. This
      is as much your achievement as it is mine.

      - Lorenzo
    • John Rockwell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2002
        Greetings Archers of the List

        I would like to Thank all of the Marshals who volunteered their time at Estrella War.
        Your time and effort was greatly appreciated.

        =====
        In Service to my Kingdom and Archery

        Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
        Companion of the Azure Archer
        Deputy Royal Archer Kingdom of Atenveldt

        http://sports.yahoo.com
      • Tami
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2003
          I want to thank all of you that answered my post I will look into e-
          bay and the 3riversarchery for my arrows.

          Lady Fortunata
        • Tami
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2003
            I would like to thank everyone that answered my post, you all have
            given me some direction to look for my arrows.

            Lady Fortunata
          • ranulfmayle
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 27, 2006
              Thank you all for your advice and the benefit of your experience. I
              do have a couple of reasonably local archers whom I believe should be
              able to assist me. The problem is getting with them in person as I
              currently work evenings with rotating days off. I just wanted to get
              a head start and not walk into a conversation about creating a bow
              completely blind. You all have given me much food for thought and it
              is greatly appreciated.
            • Jonas Poore

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
                  Greetings, all!

                  If I haven't said this before, please excuse me. It's hard for me to get
                  time to write to this list. I want to thank all of you for you kindnesses
                  and the fantastic petition that was put together. I just read it two weeks
                  ago.

                  For those that do not know, I was on the voting list for Midrealm to become
                  a Pelican for service for Archery these past years. However, there were
                  several Eastern Marshals this past Pennsic who put together a petition to
                  Their Majesties of the Midrealm to ask them to elevate me into this order.
                  Master Mark Squirrelsbane, Mistress Baroness Tamar of the East instigated
                  this, and had about 100 signatures from the Pennsic Ranges that were from
                  all Kingdoms, Archery Marshals, Archers, Populace and Peers. Mistresses
                  Tamar, Pagean and another Pelican from the East, left the Pennsic Archery
                  Championships to go to the Midrealm Pelican meeting with the signed
                  petition. Mistress Tamar managed to get this done while I was at the ranges
                  and I never noticed anything odd. That night, they tricked me into Midrealm
                  Royal, where I was put on vigil (about 9pm). I had planned on going to
                  Philips (East Marshal) vigil..

                  To make a long story short, Thursday at Midrealm court, preceded by the
                  Greenwood Company, Scarlet Guard and other Archery Marshals and Archers with
                  full gear from The West, Aethelmearc, Atlantia, East, Midrealm, Ealdomere
                  and others, I walked into court followed by my family and Household (Duke
                  Syr Talymar's and I was elevated.

                  My heart sang as I walked, not that I was receiving this honor, but that all
                  the hard work that everyone had done and the honor they were giving me by
                  attending Midrealm Court. Afterwards, there was a wine and cheese revel at
                  my encampment, prepared and hosted by my Mistress Melisande and Mistress
                  Nichola Halden which was open to everyone who participated. (There were two
                  other revels nearby, so people floated between the three.) For all the
                  friends that were there Thank you! For those that couldn't go to Pennsic,
                  you were sorely missed.

                  Yours in Service,

                  Roewynne Langley

                  (and just for you Mark - Mistress)