Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Medieval archery in the SCA?

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 94 , Oct 26, 2004
      Robert Lauderdale wrote:

      > At 01:42 AM 10/25/04 -0400, you wrote:
      >

      >>adrahil20601 wrote:
      >>

      >>>I dunno... maybe I was hoping for too much from the SCA.
      >>
      >>Could be. We've got people that are here for the beer and the low-cut
      >>bodices, and we have people that are respected in the academic world and
      >>in other, more authenticity-oriented re-enactment groups.
      >

      > What makes you think those groups are mutually exclusive? :-)

      Oh they aren't. I can assure you. ;)
      They intersect. But not completely.

      On some other hand, I think you will find a very, very, very small, nay,
      infinitesimal overlap between the latter group and the folks that wear
      vampire teeth and/or elf ears.

      Haven't missed them since they became actively discouraged at Pensic.

      --

      Carl West
      mailto:carl.west@...
      Message 94 of 94 , Oct 26, 2004