Re: Fiberglass & Fletches

  • atruemark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2000
      In a message dated 02/29/2000 3:54:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      sirjon@... writes:

      << n Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Bill Osterheim wrote:

      > From: Bill Osterheim <Polydore@...>
      >
      > Can anybody offer suggestions as to what to use to get fletches, both
      > vane and feathers, to stich to the combat arrow fiberglass shafts???
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated!
      >
      > Thank You
      > Polydore

      I use fletching tape and then run a bead of glue down both sides of the
      base of fletch and a drop at both ends. Mine do not come off, unless
      scraped off with a knife.

      Jon

      I agree with Sir Jon. I used fletching tape last year, with a drop of
      fletch-tite on both ends, and lost 1 feather during a busy combat season.
      Fletching tape is very fast, can be done by yourself or a partner while on
      your way to an event (from experience) and seems to hold up just fine.

      Andras Truemark, JdL, OGGS
      AnTir