(fwd) Crossbow experience? (fwd)

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2000
      From the Rialto. Please reply to the sender.

      -- forwarded message --
      Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:36:55 -0500
      From: james koch <alchem@...>
      Newsgroups: rec.org.sca

      I recently chanced upon a web site selling what appear to be well made
      albeit inefficiently designed (with the exception of the all wood model)
      crossbows. The address is "http://www.by-the-sword.com/crosbow.html".
      In all my years in the SCA crossbow community I cannot recall one
      occasion when I have actually seen a bow of this manufacture in use or
      displayed at an event. Has anyone out there used or owned a
      by-the-sword crossbow? If so, what are its good and bad points (aside
      from the obvious draw length problem). Jim Koch (Gladius The
      Alchemist)
      -- end of forwarded message --