Re: Treating Natural Feathers

  • liadan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2000
      > For treating arrows, there is a good article on the Web site of Primitive
      > archer for treating arrows to prevent them from being "moth food" and not
      > smelling like your grand-mother's fur coat. He uses the oil obtained from
      > cedar leaves tea.
      >
      > The article is available at:
      > http://www.primitivearcher.com/pages/articles/cleaning.html

      And if you don't have any cedar around but you do have essential oils,
      cedarwood, citronella, eucalyptus, patchouli, peppermint, and sandalwood
      essential oils are insect repelling. They should be diluted first - a few
      drops go a long way. They can often be found in health food stores, or at
      http://www.parfumsraffy.com/essentialoils.html
      I have not tried this on feathers but I have made a nice smelling insect
      repellant/body oil.
      Liadan