Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: [homemade target]

  • SUSAN PARKER
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2004
      ** Proprietary **

      Caileigh,

      If your just getting started a larger "backstop" is a good idea especially if the stray arrows end up in the woods, like at our house. I started shooting last year with 6 bales of straw for a back stop for my target. The foam idea that someone passed along is very good. We have two sheets along the edge of the woods which is about 30 yards past our 3X3 target. So when we hold archery practice at our house the foam "catches" most of the strays before they make it to the woods.
      The round (60cm) targets for SCA royal rounds can be purchased at most archery shops for under a dollar a piece. If you have an archery shop near by that may be the best way to get an "actual" target. For fun practice I like to shoot balloons this way I can vary the angels and heights that I shoot. When shooting longer distances 30-40 yard you get instant "feedback" when you hit your target!
      Good luck and have fun shooting
      Suzanne des Landes
      (Stormvale)

      Susan Parker
      Referral Department
      Ext 2044
      Please note E-mail address is SUPARKER not SPARKER if sent to SPARKER it will go to another HPM employee
      NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.

      >>> kileymommy@... 10/14/04 12:09PM >>>

      Padraig,

      Thank you so much for the clear directions. We have no
      shortage of cardboard boxes, having just moved from MI
      to GA. I think a larger target will mean less hunting
      in the woods for arrows, LOL. I'll try to work my way
      down to something smaller. I've only shot a bow once
      and that was at Crown Tourny under the tuteledge of
      Nigel.

      Caileigh

      =====
      Caileigh's Castiles