Re: Marshall Wanted!

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
      My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
      the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
      engine were up to snuff...
      She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
      far as the business was concerned...
      The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
      theporsche she was driving home...
      Whm!
      Ruined porscha...
      freaked out mother...
      dead deer...
      Insurance took care of it...
      Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
      Wham...
      Smash...
      Dead deer...
      Freaked out mother...
      My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
      Porscha...
      She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
      Lesson:
      Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
      Prscha or an Audi...

      Date

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
      > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
      me
      > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
      > Felix G.
      >

      > October - cool days
      > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
      > Samhain comes to soon.
      > JCW

      > Now includes pop-up blocker!
      > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
      today!
    • James Koch
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
        Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
        members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
        is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
        about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
        tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
        a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
        blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
        Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
        in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
        before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
        the story is, shoot deer.

        Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)