RE: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • Ifor
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
      The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
      which hop around a lot.

      D. Duck

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
        I am planning a trip up to your area!!

        James Cunningham
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
          I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
          @$3500 in repairs to the car!
          Felix G.

          October - cool days
          leaves turning, bright,then fallen
          Samhain comes to soon.
          JCW

          Now includes pop-up blocker!
        • Date Saburou Yukiie
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
            My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
            the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
            engine were up to snuff...
            She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
            far as the business was concerned...
            The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
            theporsche she was driving home...
            Whm!
            Ruined porscha...
            freaked out mother...
            dead deer...
            Insurance took care of it...
            Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
            Wham...
            Smash...
            Dead deer...
            Freaked out mother...
            My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
            Porscha...
            She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
            Lesson:
            Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
            Prscha or an Audi...

            Date

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
            > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
            me
            > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
            > Felix G.
            >

            > October - cool days
            > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
            > Samhain comes to soon.
            > JCW

            > Now includes pop-up blocker!
            > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
            today!
          • James Koch
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
              Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
              members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
              is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
              about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
              tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
              a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
              blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
              Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
              in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
              before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
              the story is, shoot deer.