Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      James,

      The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
      favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
      woods around Cleveland and miss.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

    • Ifor
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
        The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
        which hop around a lot.

        D. Duck

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
          But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
          wound it and that is cruel...

          Antony

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
            Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
            some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
            big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
            Ohio in a week or two!

            James Cunningham

            > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
            in
            > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
            > Ancel

            East

            > > > other
            > > > lane
            > > > without

            > > > actual
            > > > that
            > > > is
            > > > scenery.

            > > > list]

            > > > --
            > > > Three things never heard from the mouth of a Celt:
            > > > "Do these colors match?"
            > > > "Is this too much jewelry?"
            > > > "Is that my drink?"
            > > >
            > > > http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

            > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by Medieval Mart
            > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • James W. Pratt, Jr.
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
              I am planning a trip up to your area!!

              James Cunningham

            • felix47@juno.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                Felix G.

                October - cool days
                leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                Samhain comes to soon.
                JCW

                Now includes pop-up blocker!
              • Date Saburou Yukiie
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                  My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                  the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                  engine were up to snuff...
                  She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                  far as the business was concerned...
                  The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                  theporsche she was driving home...
                  Whm!
                  Ruined porscha...
                  freaked out mother...
                  dead deer...
                  Insurance took care of it...
                  Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                  Wham...
                  Smash...
                  Dead deer...
                  Freaked out mother...
                  My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                  Porscha...
                  She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                  Lesson:
                  Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                  Prscha or an Audi...

                  Date

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                  > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                  me
                  > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                  > Felix G.
                  >

                  > October - cool days
                  > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                  > Samhain comes to soon.
                  > JCW

                  > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                  > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                  today!
                • James Koch
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                    Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                    members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                    is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                    about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                    tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                    a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                    blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                    Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                    in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                    before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                    the story is, shoot deer.