Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      James,

      The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
      favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
      woods around Cleveland and miss.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

    • Randy Rustin
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
        RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

        D. Duck

        Robert Lauderdale wrote:

        >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
        >

        >>When is rabbit season in New York?
        >>
        >>James Cunningham
        >>

        >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
        >
        >B. Bunny

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
          Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

          > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
          cannot
          > help with the archery.
          >
          > James Cunningham

          "Do these colors match?"
          "Is this too much jewelry?"
          "Is that my drink?"

        • Ifor
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
            The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
            which hop around a lot.

            D. Duck

            It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

            B. Bunny

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Karl W. Evoy
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
              No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
              city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
              Ancel

              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                Get your name as your email address.
              • Robert Lauderdale
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                  At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                  >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                  BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                  Thank you for playing.
                • Lord Antony
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                    But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                    wound it and that is cruel...

                    Antony

                    > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                    >

                    > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                    >
                    > Thank you for playing.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                      Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                      some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                      big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                      Ohio in a week or two!

                      James Cunningham

                      > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                      in
                      > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                      > Ancel

                    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                        I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                        James Cunningham

                      • felix47@juno.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                          I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                          @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                          Felix G.

                          October - cool days
                          leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                          Samhain comes to soon.
                          JCW

                          Now includes pop-up blocker!
                        • Date Saburou Yukiie
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                            My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                            the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                            engine were up to snuff...
                            She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                            far as the business was concerned...
                            The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                            theporsche she was driving home...
                            Whm!
                            Ruined porscha...
                            freaked out mother...
                            dead deer...
                            Insurance took care of it...
                            Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                            Wham...
                            Smash...
                            Dead deer...
                            Freaked out mother...
                            My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                            Porscha...
                            She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                            Lesson:
                            Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                            Prscha or an Audi...

                            Date

                            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                            > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                            me
                            > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                            > Felix G.
                            >

                            > October - cool days
                            > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                            > Samhain comes to soon.
                            > JCW

                            > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                            > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                            today!
                          • James Koch
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                              Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                              members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                              is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                              about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                              tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                              a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                              blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                              Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                              in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                              before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                              the story is, shoot deer.