Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      James,

      The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
      favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
      woods around Cleveland and miss.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
        Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I cannot
        help with the archery.

        James Cunningham
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
          RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

          D. Duck

          Robert Lauderdale wrote:

          >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
          >

          >>When is rabbit season in New York?
          >>
          >>James Cunningham
          >>

          >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
          >
          >B. Bunny

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bruce R. Gordon
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
            Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

            > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
            cannot
            > help with the archery.
            >
            > James Cunningham

            "Do these colors match?"
            "Is this too much jewelry?"
            "Is that my drink?"

          • Ifor
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
              The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
              which hop around a lot.

              D. Duck

              It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

              B. Bunny

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Karl W. Evoy
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
                city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                Ancel

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                  Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                  Get your name as your email address.
                • Robert Lauderdale
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                    At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                    >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                    BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                    Thank you for playing.
                  • Lord Antony
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                      But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                      wound it and that is cruel...

                      Antony

                      > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                      >

                      > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                      >
                      > Thank you for playing.

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                        Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                        some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                        big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                        Ohio in a week or two!

                        James Cunningham

                        > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                        in
                        > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                        > Ancel

                      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                          I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                          James Cunningham

                        • felix47@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                            I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                            @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                            Felix G.

                            October - cool days
                            leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                            Samhain comes to soon.
                            JCW

                            Now includes pop-up blocker!
                          • Date Saburou Yukiie
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                              My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                              the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                              engine were up to snuff...
                              She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                              far as the business was concerned...
                              The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                              theporsche she was driving home...
                              Whm!
                              Ruined porscha...
                              freaked out mother...
                              dead deer...
                              Insurance took care of it...
                              Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                              Wham...
                              Smash...
                              Dead deer...
                              Freaked out mother...
                              My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                              Porscha...
                              She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                              Lesson:
                              Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                              Prscha or an Audi...

                              Date

                              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                              > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                              me
                              > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                              > Felix G.
                              >

                              > October - cool days
                              > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                              > Samhain comes to soon.
                              > JCW

                              > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                              > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                              today!
                            • James Koch
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                                members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                                is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                                about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                                tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                                a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                                blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                                Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                                in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                                before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                                the story is, shoot deer.