Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      James,

      The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
      favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
      woods around Cleveland and miss.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

    • Robert Lauderdale
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:

        >When is rabbit season in New York?
        >
        >James Cunningham

        It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

        B. Bunny
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
          Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I cannot
          help with the archery.

          James Cunningham
          > It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
          >
          > B. Bunny

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Randy Rustin
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
            RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

            D. Duck

            Robert Lauderdale wrote:

            >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
            >

            >>When is rabbit season in New York?
            >>
            >>James Cunningham
            >>

            >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
            >
            >B. Bunny

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bruce R. Gordon
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
              Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

              > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
              cannot
              > help with the archery.
              >
              > James Cunningham

              "Do these colors match?"
              "Is this too much jewelry?"
              "Is that my drink?"

            • Ifor
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
                which hop around a lot.

                D. Duck

                It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

                B. Bunny

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Karl W. Evoy
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                  No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
                  city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                  Ancel

                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                    Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                    Get your name as your email address.
                  • Robert Lauderdale
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                      At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                      >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                      BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                      Thank you for playing.
                    • Lord Antony
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                        But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                        wound it and that is cruel...

                        Antony

                        > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                        >

                        > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                        >
                        > Thank you for playing.

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                          Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                          some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                          big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                          Ohio in a week or two!

                          James Cunningham

                          > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                          in
                          > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                          > Ancel

                        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                            I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                            James Cunningham

                          • felix47@juno.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                              I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                              @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                              Felix G.

                              October - cool days
                              leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                              Samhain comes to soon.
                              JCW

                              Now includes pop-up blocker!
                            • Date Saburou Yukiie
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                                the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                                engine were up to snuff...
                                She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                                far as the business was concerned...
                                The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                                theporsche she was driving home...
                                Whm!
                                Ruined porscha...
                                freaked out mother...
                                dead deer...
                                Insurance took care of it...
                                Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                                Wham...
                                Smash...
                                Dead deer...
                                Freaked out mother...
                                My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                                Porscha...
                                She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                                Lesson:
                                Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                                Prscha or an Audi...

                                Date

                                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                                > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                                me
                                > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                > Felix G.
                                >

                                > October - cool days
                                > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                > Samhain comes to soon.
                                > JCW

                                > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                                today!
                              • James Koch
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                  Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                                  members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                                  is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                                  about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                                  tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                                  a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                                  blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                                  Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                                  in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                                  before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                                  the story is, shoot deer.