Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      Greetings Nigel

      I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season was
      in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
      rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.

      James Cunningham
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        James,

        The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
        favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
        woods around Cleveland and miss.

        Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

      • Robert Lauderdale
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
          At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:

          >When is rabbit season in New York?
          >
          >James Cunningham

          It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

          B. Bunny
        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
            Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I cannot
            help with the archery.

            James Cunningham
            > It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
            >
            > B. Bunny

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Randy Rustin
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
              RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

              D. Duck

              Robert Lauderdale wrote:

              >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
              >

              >>When is rabbit season in New York?
              >>
              >>James Cunningham
              >>

              >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
              >
              >B. Bunny

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Bruce R. Gordon
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

                > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
                cannot
                > help with the archery.
                >
                > James Cunningham

                "Do these colors match?"
                "Is this too much jewelry?"
                "Is that my drink?"

              • Ifor
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                  The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
                  which hop around a lot.

                  D. Duck

                  It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

                  B. Bunny

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Karl W. Evoy
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                    No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
                    city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                    Ancel

                    > I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season
                    was
                    > in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
                    > rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.
                    >
                    > James Cunningham

                  • mark s graves
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                      Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                      Get your name as your email address.
                    • Robert Lauderdale
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                        At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                        >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                        BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                        Thank you for playing.
                      • Lord Antony
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                          But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                          wound it and that is cruel...

                          Antony

                          > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                          >

                          > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                          >
                          > Thank you for playing.

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                            Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                            some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                            big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                            Ohio in a week or two!

                            James Cunningham

                            > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                            in
                            > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                            > Ancel

                          • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                              I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                              James Cunningham

                            • felix47@juno.com
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                                @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                Felix G.

                                October - cool days
                                leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                Samhain comes to soon.
                                JCW

                                Now includes pop-up blocker!
                              • Date Saburou Yukiie
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                  My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                                  the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                                  engine were up to snuff...
                                  She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                                  far as the business was concerned...
                                  The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                                  theporsche she was driving home...
                                  Whm!
                                  Ruined porscha...
                                  freaked out mother...
                                  dead deer...
                                  Insurance took care of it...
                                  Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                                  Wham...
                                  Smash...
                                  Dead deer...
                                  Freaked out mother...
                                  My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                                  Porscha...
                                  She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                                  Lesson:
                                  Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                                  Prscha or an Audi...

                                  Date

                                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                                  > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                                  me
                                  > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                  > Felix G.
                                  >

                                  > October - cool days
                                  > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                  > Samhain comes to soon.
                                  > JCW

                                  > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                  > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                                  today!
                                • James Koch
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                    Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                                    members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                                    is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                                    about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                                    tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                                    a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                                    blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                                    Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                                    in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                                    before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                                    the story is, shoot deer.