Re: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      When is rabbit season in New York?

      James Cunningham
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "la petite femme skunk fatale" <rumpuspuma@...>
      To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 10:23 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Marshall Wanted!

      > The presence of an SCA archery marshall with privileges in the East
      Kingdom is respectfully
      > requested at the Grand Opening of the Gander Mountain store in
      Plattsburgh, NY the weekend of
      > October 15.
      >
      > My bosses want me to arrange a traditional archery something-or-other
      and/or a youth archery
      > something-or-other for a couple hours at the store. We have a five-lane
      25-yard indoor range. The
      > store is in a mall, and the mall's management won't allow shooting without
      insurance, so we need
      > an actual marshall in attendance (I'm just the local MIT).
      >
      > I'm offering free room and board at my place in exchange (I have an actual
      guest room - no
      > crashing on the couch required). Coldwood's Closing of the Inne is that
      weekend, and my place is
      > minutes from the site, so you can also attend the event. Fall color is
      expected to peak that
      > weekend in the area, so be prepared for breathtaking Adirondack scenery.
      >
      > Interested parties please contact me ASAP at rumpuspuma@...
      >
      > Thanks much,
      >
      > Cesira Blackwork della Ougley, Scourge of Lake Champlain
      > Archery MIT
      > Shire of Coldwood, EK
      >
      > =====
      >
      > Revolution begins with the self, in the self.
      >
      > Toni Cade Bambara

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        Greetings
        Nice try, James, but you don't have "privileges" in the East
        Kingdom. You could, in fact, serve as a marshal at an East Kingdom
        event, but you wouldn't be able to act as MIC there. Even I couldn't,
        and I'm the AG. Which is kind of a pity, because that's a nice part of
        the country up there, and Cesira's offer of crash space is a good deal.

        Nigel

        > When is rabbit season in New York?
        >
        > James Cunningham

        "Do these colors match?"
        "Is this too much jewelry?"
        "Is that my drink?"

      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
          Greetings Nigel

          I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season was
          in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
          rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.

          James Cunningham
          > Nice try, James, but you don't have "privileges" in the East
          > Kingdom. You could, in fact, serve as a marshal at an East Kingdom
          > event, but you wouldn't be able to act as MIC there. Even I couldn't,
          > and I'm the AG. Which is kind of a pity, because that's a nice part of
          > the country up there, and Cesira's offer of crash space is a good deal.
          >
          > Nigel
          >

          > > When is rabbit season in New York?
          > >
          > > James Cunningham

        • James Koch
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
            James,

            The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
            favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
            woods around Cleveland and miss.

            Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

          • Robert Lauderdale
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
              At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:

              >When is rabbit season in New York?
              >
              >James Cunningham

              It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

              B. Bunny
            • James W. Pratt, Jr.
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
                Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I cannot
                help with the archery.

                James Cunningham
                > It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
                >
                > B. Bunny

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Randy Rustin
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
                  RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

                  D. Duck

                  Robert Lauderdale wrote:

                  >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
                  >

                  >>When is rabbit season in New York?
                  >>
                  >>James Cunningham
                  >>

                  >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
                  >
                  >B. Bunny

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Bruce R. Gordon
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                    Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

                    > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
                    cannot
                    > help with the archery.
                    >
                    > James Cunningham

                    "Do these colors match?"
                    "Is this too much jewelry?"
                    "Is that my drink?"

                  • Ifor
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                      The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
                      which hop around a lot.

                      D. Duck

                      It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

                      B. Bunny

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Karl W. Evoy
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                        No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
                        city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                        Ancel

                        > I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season
                        was
                        > in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
                        > rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.
                        >
                        > James Cunningham

                      • mark s graves
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                          Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                          Get your name as your email address.
                        • Robert Lauderdale
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                            At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                            >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                            BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                            Thank you for playing.
                          • Lord Antony
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                              But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                              wound it and that is cruel...

                              Antony

                              > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                              >

                              > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                              >
                              > Thank you for playing.

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                                Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                                some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                                big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                                Ohio in a week or two!

                                James Cunningham

                                > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                                in
                                > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                                > Ancel

                              • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                                  I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                                  James Cunningham

                                • felix47@juno.com
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                    I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                                    @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                    Felix G.

                                    October - cool days
                                    leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                    Samhain comes to soon.
                                    JCW

                                    Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                  • Date Saburou Yukiie
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                      My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                                      the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                                      engine were up to snuff...
                                      She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                                      far as the business was concerned...
                                      The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                                      theporsche she was driving home...
                                      Whm!
                                      Ruined porscha...
                                      freaked out mother...
                                      dead deer...
                                      Insurance took care of it...
                                      Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                                      Wham...
                                      Smash...
                                      Dead deer...
                                      Freaked out mother...
                                      My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                                      Porscha...
                                      She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                                      Lesson:
                                      Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                                      Prscha or an Audi...

                                      Date

                                      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                                      > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                                      me
                                      > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                      > Felix G.
                                      >

                                      > October - cool days
                                      > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                      > Samhain comes to soon.
                                      > JCW

                                      > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                      > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                                      today!
                                    • James Koch
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                        Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                                        members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                                        is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                                        about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                                        tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                                        a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                                        blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                                        Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                                        in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                                        before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                                        the story is, shoot deer.