Marshall Wanted!

  • la petite femme skunk fatale
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      The presence of an SCA archery marshall with privileges in the East Kingdom is respectfully
      requested at the Grand Opening of the Gander Mountain store in Plattsburgh, NY the weekend of
      October 15.

      My bosses want me to arrange a traditional archery something-or-other and/or a youth archery
      something-or-other for a couple hours at the store. We have a five-lane 25-yard indoor range. The
      store is in a mall, and the mall's management won't allow shooting without insurance, so we need
      an actual marshall in attendance (I'm just the local MIT).

      I'm offering free room and board at my place in exchange (I have an actual guest room - no
      crashing on the couch required). Coldwood's Closing of the Inne is that weekend, and my place is
      minutes from the site, so you can also attend the event. Fall color is expected to peak that
      weekend in the area, so be prepared for breathtaking Adirondack scenery.

      Interested parties please contact me ASAP at rumpuspuma@...

      Thanks much,

      Cesira Blackwork della Ougley, Scourge of Lake Champlain
      Archery MIT
      Shire of Coldwood, EK

      =====

      Revolution begins with the self, in the self.

      Toni Cade Bambara

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        When is rabbit season in New York?

        James Cunningham
        > The presence of an SCA archery marshall with privileges in the East
        Kingdom is respectfully
        > requested at the Grand Opening of the Gander Mountain store in
        Plattsburgh, NY the weekend of
        > October 15.
        >
        > My bosses want me to arrange a traditional archery something-or-other
        and/or a youth archery
        > something-or-other for a couple hours at the store. We have a five-lane
        25-yard indoor range. The
        > store is in a mall, and the mall's management won't allow shooting without
        insurance, so we need
        > an actual marshall in attendance (I'm just the local MIT).
        >
        > I'm offering free room and board at my place in exchange (I have an actual
        guest room - no
        > crashing on the couch required). Coldwood's Closing of the Inne is that
        weekend, and my place is
        > minutes from the site, so you can also attend the event. Fall color is
        expected to peak that
        > weekend in the area, so be prepared for breathtaking Adirondack scenery.
        >
        > Interested parties please contact me ASAP at rumpuspuma@...
        >
        > Thanks much,
        >
        > Cesira Blackwork della Ougley, Scourge of Lake Champlain
        > Archery MIT
        > Shire of Coldwood, EK
        >
        > =====
        >
        > Revolution begins with the self, in the self.
        >
        > Toni Cade Bambara

        > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
          Greetings
          Nice try, James, but you don't have "privileges" in the East
          Kingdom. You could, in fact, serve as a marshal at an East Kingdom
          event, but you wouldn't be able to act as MIC there. Even I couldn't,
          and I'm the AG. Which is kind of a pity, because that's a nice part of
          the country up there, and Cesira's offer of crash space is a good deal.

          Nigel

          > When is rabbit season in New York?
          >
          > James Cunningham

          "Do these colors match?"
          "Is this too much jewelry?"
          "Is that my drink?"

        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
            Greetings Nigel

            I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season was
            in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
            rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.

            James Cunningham
            > Nice try, James, but you don't have "privileges" in the East
            > Kingdom. You could, in fact, serve as a marshal at an East Kingdom
            > event, but you wouldn't be able to act as MIC there. Even I couldn't,
            > and I'm the AG. Which is kind of a pity, because that's a nice part of
            > the country up there, and Cesira's offer of crash space is a good deal.
            >
            > Nigel
            >

            > > When is rabbit season in New York?
            > >
            > > James Cunningham

          • James Koch
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
              James,

              The rabbits have been displaced by all the elephants and donkeys. Do me a
              favor. Drive North and shoot a few deer. You can't easily shoot into the
              woods around Cleveland and miss.

              Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

            • Robert Lauderdale
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
                At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:

                >When is rabbit season in New York?
                >
                >James Cunningham

                It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

                B. Bunny
              • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
                  Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I cannot
                  help with the archery.

                  James Cunningham
                  > It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
                  >
                  > B. Bunny

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Randy Rustin
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
                    RABBIT SEASON!!!!!

                    D. Duck

                    Robert Lauderdale wrote:

                    >At 06:28 PM 10/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
                    >

                    >>When is rabbit season in New York?
                    >>
                    >>James Cunningham
                    >>

                    >It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!
                    >
                    >B. Bunny

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Bruce R. Gordon
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                      Be wewy, wewy caweful... we'we hunting Mawshaws!

                      > Red tails do not do ducks...rabbit and squirrels yes! Sorry but I
                      cannot
                      > help with the archery.
                      >
                      > James Cunningham

                      "Do these colors match?"
                      "Is this too much jewelry?"
                      "Is that my drink?"

                    • Ifor
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                        The only duck season in New York is for ducks with long pointed ears
                        which hop around a lot.

                        D. Duck

                        It's not rabbit season, it's duck season!

                        B. Bunny

                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • Karl W. Evoy
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                          No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting in
                          city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                          Ancel

                          > I made no offer to marshall I just needed to know what the rabbit season
                          was
                          > in case I get a chance to go and stay a day or two. I have not found many
                          > rabbits so far in the state of Ohio.
                          >
                          > James Cunningham

                        • mark s graves
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                            Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                            Get your name as your email address.
                          • Robert Lauderdale
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                              At 03:51 PM 10/5/04 -0400, you wrote:

                              >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye

                              BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"

                              Thank you for playing.
                            • Lord Antony
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                                But many arrows won't penetrate a baseball deeply enough to kill it, only
                                wound it and that is cruel...

                                Antony

                                > >Elmer Fudd season.......William Ross of Skye
                                >

                                > BUZZZZZ! The correct answser is "It's baseball season!"
                                >
                                > Thank you for playing.

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                                  Some say no shooting in city limits! The Mayor can give permision(sp) on
                                  some puplic land!! I have hunted around houses "Sally" thinks they are just
                                  big trees! Where is their place anyway? I am planning a trip to north east
                                  Ohio in a week or two!

                                  James Cunningham

                                  > No rabbits in Ohio! Just go to my parents house...oh darn no hunting
                                  in
                                  > city limits. Thats probably why there's so many of them.
                                  > Ancel

                                • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 6, 2004
                                    I am planning a trip up to your area!!

                                    James Cunningham

                                  • felix47@juno.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                      I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost me
                                      @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                      Felix G.

                                      October - cool days
                                      leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                      Samhain comes to soon.
                                      JCW

                                      Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                    • Date Saburou Yukiie
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                        My mother used to work for a Porsche-Audi dealership...she was given
                                        the option of taking home every night a car to make sure the oil and
                                        engine were up to snuff...
                                        She had to drop off the payroll on each drive home...which worked as
                                        far as the business was concerned...
                                        The first night of PA hunting season, a deer jumped in front of
                                        theporsche she was driving home...
                                        Whm!
                                        Ruined porscha...
                                        freaked out mother...
                                        dead deer...
                                        Insurance took care of it...
                                        Next night...Mom driving home with an Audi...
                                        Wham...
                                        Smash...
                                        Dead deer...
                                        Freaked out mother...
                                        My poor mom took her PA limit in two days...and totaled an Audi and a
                                        Porscha...
                                        She was forbidden to drive home any company cars after that...
                                        Lesson:
                                        Your bow is your friend...and much more cost effective than a big
                                        Prscha or an Audi...

                                        Date

                                        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, felix47@j... wrote:
                                        > I went deer hunting this weekend - got one too! Only going to cost
                                        me
                                        > @$3500 in repairs to the car!
                                        > Felix G.
                                        >

                                        > October - cool days
                                        > leaves turning, bright,then fallen
                                        > Samhain comes to soon.
                                        > JCW

                                        > Now includes pop-up blocker!
                                        > Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up
                                        today!
                                      • James Koch
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 7, 2004
                                          Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
                                          members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
                                          is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
                                          about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
                                          tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
                                          a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
                                          blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
                                          Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
                                          in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
                                          before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
                                          the story is, shoot deer.