Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery articles question and introduction

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21 3:25 PM
      It is good to hear out of you again!! I have seen several TV specials about
      that very thing with slow motion and angled plates. I will try to find a
      better reference than that!

      James Cunningham
      Still holding the theory that early code was nothing more than propolis(sp).

      > Greetings, I am new to this list, so please forgive me if I do
      > anything inappropriate.
      >
      > Just for some background, I am do research regarding medieval material
      > culture (I seem to be best known for the whole shoe thing, but I do
      > other stuff. One of my side projects currently is involving testing
      > medieval arrowhead penetration through various armor types. In the
      > process of this, I have been trying to find documentation of previous
      > similar experiments, and having very little success. I'm not having
      > any problems with digging up anecdotal material of the "well, me and
      > my buddy went out and shot some arrows into some chainmail" or "well
      > my Laurel told me...". I have sufficient anecdotal material, but in
      > this case I already have plenty of that already, thank you. (Much of
      > which comes from earlier informal tests I've been involved with over
      > the years :) ) What I'm looking for is articles, studies,
      > conference proceedings, heck, even a dissertation or two. I'm coming
      > up relatively dry. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thank you for your time.
      >
      > Marc/Diarmaid

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Marc Carlson
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21 7:09 PM
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Pratt, Jr."
        <cunning@f...> wrote:
        > It is good to hear out of you again!! I have seen several TV
        > specials about that very thing with slow motion and angled plates.
        > I will try to find a better reference than that!

        I appreciate it. Thank you.

        I'm around. I'm just trying to avoid writing on my book :)

        > James Cunningham
        > Still holding the theory that early code was nothing more than
        > propolis(sp).

        It is certainly a possibility. It's certainly sticky enough.

        Marc/Diarmaid
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21 8:58 PM
          Good luck

          > I'm around. I'm just trying to avoid writing on my book :)

        • Katherine Killigrew
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 24 3:46 AM
            Greetings,

            Viscount Matheus Bane, Archery Marshall of Adiantum, has recently completed
            a test of this kind. The results were presented at the Bows and Blades event
            in Three Mountains last month. I have forwarded your email on to him.

            In Service,
            Katherine Killigrew
            TAM - Barony of Adiantum

          • Marc Carlson
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 24 8:15 PM
              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Killigrew"
              <katherinekilligrew@e...> wrote:
              > Viscount Matheus Bane, Archery Marshall of Adiantum, has recently
              > completed a test of this kind. The results were presented at the
              > Bows and Blades event in Three Mountains last month. I have
              > forwarded your email on to him.

              Thank you.

              Marc/Diarmaid