Re: arrowheads...chainmail

  • Mike and Deb Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2000
      Greetings all,

      About three years ago I saw in a copy of Archeology magazine a story on
      one of "new world" sites founded by Christopher Columbus. There were
      pictures of fragments of chainmail that were clearly closed butt ends
      together, not riveted. I suppose it was "the cheap stuff" for common
      soldiers...
      We probably still have the copy of the magazine, but it's been misplaced
      in a move. The magazine has a web site: www.archaeology.org I haven't been
      there in a while, maybe they have a data base on past issues.
      Just thought I'd pass it along.

      Archer MacRobert, Calontir archer